Honest Opinion on this flyer.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
Ive just been designing a flyer to put through some shop doors, and maybe a few houses to. I've scaled down the quality for posting on here but was wandering if you guys could be honest with me and tell me what you think of the design / content.

Its gonna cost about

i love it .

my only gripe appart from the scheme is the phone number.

i never ever use anyone who only gives me a mobile number as a contact. :(

screams gypo in a big white van . :)

well ive not long gone self - employed so i have no scheme provider, the nmr in the orange is more of a logo, i did try it instead of having nmr in white and it didnt look quite right, maybe i will give it another go though. as for the tel number, i totally agree, at the moment i dont want to put my home number down as my other half is a nurse and works shifts, plus the cost of another number and diverting all calls would cost quite a bit.

that said if im gonna get anywere with this i should look at doing something about it! any suggestions?

thanks for all your input so far, keep em comming! :D

I am with JL on this. Has to be a Landline or people are going to assume you are a "Fly By Night" and will toss it in the bin.

Then put your mobile number underneath it in smaller print.

Also, I and many people that I have spoken to over the years, hate the "No Job too Small" approach.

You explain that by saying "socket face replacements" etc,

Other than them, Mate - It looks great - Well Done. :x

Have you advterised your business with us?

The link is in my signature, Below.

(I am thinking of moving all those ads to a dedicated thread of their own). Better coverage for all. :D

another good point! i will change the 'no job too small' to something along the lines of ' from socket fronts to re-wires'

Have you advterised your business with us? The link is in my signature, Below.

(I am thinking of moving all those ads to a dedicated thread of their own). Better coverage for all. :D
no i havent yet, i dont have permission to get in, but if you could sort that out it would be great!

cheers!

another good point! i will change the 'no job too small' to something along the lines of ' from socket fronts to re-wires'
Good Man - You know it makes sense. :D

I just sounds too "Handyman type" and not a "Professional tradesman".

no i havent yet, i dont have permission to get in, but if you could sort that out it would be great!cheers!
What do you see when you click on the actual link in my sig?

What do you see when you click on the actual link in my sig?
i get this message:

'andyc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.'

You say that you are a "Sole Trader", but the impression I got was that you were a company with more than one employee.

The reason is the opener in the top left, stating 'We' and 'We will send an Electrician'.

Correct that mate.

i get this message:'andyc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.'
i get the same.

You say that you are a "Sole Trader", but the impression I got was that you were a company with more than one employee.The reason is the opener in the top left, stating 'We' and 'We will send an Electrician'.

Correct that mate.
Ive always been tought that for advertising and websites etc you should should always do things that way, im a sole trader yes, but want to be known as NMR Electrical. ie trading as.

Leave it with me Gents - I will sort it out.

:D

It's just me then? :)

Looks ok & some good advice given.

This is mine (see if you can see why I didn't pay any more than

I would like a landline like others have said. If you are buying double sided flyers what's on the back?
well thats the thing! the double sided ones seem the chepest about for the quality of paper etc (plus they are local) but i have nothing to go on the other side! lol