Honest Opinion on this flyer.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other things to consider

Keep it simple you have about 5-8 seconds before the customer discards it, you don't need to go into a great detail about what an electrician does, customers know so don't blind them with science

use your eyes, what do your eyes look at when you first look at the page, do you find yourself wandering all over the add without a focal point, test on other people if they do you create confusion by too many areas (keep it simple)

Golden triangle, this is the first area you eye lands on on a ad, this is where you need place you primary message, look at the professional ads gauge your own reaction to see if you can adopt or adapt the layout for your ad

a text colour that blends into the background will not be picked up in that 5-8 second window, so try to stick with strong contrasts

Text/fonts don't be tempted to use more than 2, again it will look confusing, avoid small print if the average customer needs reading glasses they might not bother

general rule on advertising a 3% return (60 out of 2k) would be considered very successful, in some businesses campaigns that return 1% respondents may also be considered a success

A trick often use in ads is a reason to call, called the golden pyramid (placed where the eye falls), can be something free, a discount if you ring this number by X date, SKY use this a lot, it might not work for us but might increase your response if you can find something relevant

Sorry but size is important ;) , the best response I have had was from A5, I tried A6 (to save cost) and got far fewer calls, when I tested on friends and family the A5 won because I had more white space with the same message :|

Just a few pointers I hope

well thats the thing! the double sided ones seem the chepest about for the quality of paper etc (plus they are local) but i have nothing to go on the other side! lol
You could spread things out on the front and put the details of what you do on the back?

Something to grab the example like M107's?

What you going to do with them? (who is your target audience?)

Through doors? Under winscreenwipers in B&Q? Hand them out? Pin to notice boards? etc

Have 2 sides for different customers? 1 side domestic 1 side commercial?

I dunno

Other things to considerKeep it simple you have about 5-8 seconds before the customer discards it, you don't need to go into a great detail about what an electrician does, customers know so don't blind them with science

use your eyes, what do your eyes look at when you first look at the page, do you find yourself wandering all over the add without a focal point, test on other people if they do you create confusion by too many areas (keep it simple)

Golden triangle, this is the first area you eye lands on on a ad, this is where you need place you primary message, look at the professional ads gauge your own reaction to see if you can adopt or adapt the layout for your ad

a text colour that blends into the background will not be picked up in that 5-8 second window, so try to stick with strong contrasts

Text/fonts don't be tempted to use more than 2, again it will look confusing, avoid small print if the average customer needs reading glasses they might not bother

general rule on advertising a 3% return (60 out of 2k) would be considered very successful, in some businesses campaigns that return 1% respondents may also be considered a success

A trick often use in ads is a reason to call, called the golden pyramid (placed where the eye falls), can be something free, a discount if you ring this number by X date, SKY use this a lot, it might not work for us but might increase your response if you can find something relevant

Sorry but size is important ;) , the best response I have had was from A5, I tried A6 (to save cost) and got far fewer calls, when I tested on friends and family the A5 won because I had more white space with the same message :|

Just a few pointers I hope
very good advice! cheers mate! i would say my eyes fall on the top left 'free no obligation box', what about you guys?

font type is all the same apart from the logo, just a couple of different effects.

so far so good.

landline number is on its way soon! :D

You could spread things out on the front and put the details of what you do on the back?Something to grab the example like M107's?

What you going to do with them? (who is your target audience?)

Through doors? Under winscreenwipers in B&Q? Hand them out? Pin to notice boards? etc

Have 2 sides for different customers? 1 side domestic 1 side commercial?

I dunno
as i dont have part p yet and cant afford to get it for a while im gonna be targeting commercial, and small industrial. hopefully some minor works in domestic aswell.

i considered a side for shops/commercial but didnt want people to pick it up looking at the wrong side and just bin it. I believe i need a licence to put flyers under windscreen wipers so i think thats a no no.

i might look at spreading it out over 2 sides...

i have the same problem with the landline number so i go for a 0845 number and have it directed to my mobile phone 24/7.

other options are if your away change the pointer and it goes to a emplyees number for cover or for call outs etc . either way 1 point of contact.

you can even add fax to that same number and unlimited voice mails boxes etc..

it really is a good service. i even get a invoice with calls itemised and times etc.

the biggest bill i have had is 18 pound for 1 month and at 1 point up to 100 calls a week on it .. charged per second 4p i think.

let me know if you want a link.

pic here

As a flyer it is very striking which has to be good.

I have to agree with others and would not use a mobile number as the primary number.

Use a 01... number. I use LOCALPHONE and TTNC, they provide landline numbers and let you divert the number to a mobile and there is no line rental as it is a virtual number.

Too much text, less is more. If it is an essay people will chuck it

Change 'emergency call out' to 'emergency response' this makes it sound like a service rather than a chargable item

Skip the essay on 2391 etc

Fully insured and qualified

We employ apprentice trained electricians

Hope this helps

Use a 01... number. I use LOCALPHONE and TTNC, they provide landline numbers and let you divert the number to a mobile and there is no line rental as it is a virtual number.Too much text, less is more. If it is an essay people will chuck it

Change 'emergency call out' to 'emergency response' this makes it sound like a service rather than a chargable item

Skip the essay on 2391 etc

Fully insured and qualified

We employ apprentice trained electricians

Hope this helps
i will change the emergency call out to response, i like the sound of that, i think i will change it on the website to! nice one!

[edit] - changed it on the flyer but left it on the website, it just seems to look better on the website.

OK, Job done Gentlemen.

Could you try it again to see if you can see the link (In my sig).

Many Thanks,

Admin.

I did a spoof flyer once advertised as Rhino Electrical servises.

Thick skinned, short sighted and charged a lot.

refering to the rhino.

I still got phone calls.

I did a spoof flyer once advertised as Rhino Electrical servises.Thick skinned, short sighted and charged a lot.

refering to the rhino.

I still got phone calls.
did it have a picture of the rhino making his way though the house pulling in cables, and using himself to chase walls?!

Do you still have a copy of it?

I notice the comments about only giving a mobile No. and the gypo/ white van connection, which I understand, but do you not think that the mobile is now recognised as an acceptable alternative to a landline ? Landline is on the business cards but when I get the van written it will be the mobile. My wife, being disabled, can do without the great flood of calls to the house, which have be re-directed to the moby anyway.

I notice the comments about only giving a mobile No. and the gypo/ white van connection, which I understand, but do you not think that the mobile is now recognised as an acceptable alternative to a landline ? Landline is on the business cards but when I get the van written it will be the mobile. My wife, being disabled, can do without the great flood of calls to the house, which have be re-directed to the moby anyway.
mobiles on a van are a definate no no ..

'Sevices' spelt wrong ?
Correct & that was after I proof read the original & pointed out the spelling mistake..............they still went to print with it :^O so I paid next to sod all.

i have both landline and mobile number on everything, invoices, van etc. there is nothing with just a mobile number. most calls i get are mobile to mobile, but there are still people who call the landline number (which is usually diverted to a mobile)

These days, its just as easy to get a landline number as a mobile (i.e go to sipgate etc and get a number, after a week, get a new number just like a mobile etc) for anything dodgy, but most people dont know so much about that so still think landline is safer than just a mobile

I personally prefer people to ring my home number as when I am working I don't want to talk about other jobs unless its an emergency. I then ring them in evening when I get home.

Batty