HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL CHASES IN WALLS ???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougie23

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this question about chases in walls ?

I've been trying to find the answer in my books , but it aint too specific !!!!

Maybe im looking in the wrong part !!!

Q . Vertical chases in load bearing non cavity walls should be no more than what thickness of the wall ???

Q . Horizontal chases in load bearing cavity walls should be no more than what thickness of leaf ???

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how i can find this answer ......

Many Thanks in advance .... headbang

You are probably looking in the wrong books for your answers, remember some of your work will be covered by regulations other than BS7671. You will find that any chases in walls will come under the building regulations and not electrical regulations. Have another look for the answers and come back here if you have any problems.

Thanks for the answer kinnet, dot an dab aint an option on the exam sheet, was wondering if there was any table/formula that i could use to find them out ??

options on answer for question 1 are : No more than one third the thickness of the wall / No more than one qtr the thickness of the wall / no more than one fifth thickness of the wall / no more than one sixth thickness of the wall ???

And similar for question 2 : Third / quarter / fifth / an sixth of horizontal load bearing cavity walls ??

Thanks

Can anyone help me with this question about chases in walls ?I've been trying to find the answer in my books , but it aint too specific !!!!

Maybe im looking in the wrong part !!!

Q . Vertical chases in load bearing non cavity walls should be no more than what thickness of the wall ???

Q . Horizontal chases in load bearing cavity walls should be no more than what thickness of leaf ???

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how i can find this answer ......

Many Thanks in advance .... headbang
Comes more under the Building Regs this, specifically Part A - Structure. Telling you would take all the fun out of for you!

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_A_2010.PDF

(...but try p26)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was made at 10:22 ----------

It would help if you got yourself a specific book such as "Electricians Guide To The Building Regulations" which helps shows how Part P gets implemented in the real world - loads of colour diagrams for kitchens, bathrooms etc. Has things in there that you won't find easily (if at all) in BS7671, the OSG etc.

Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations Part P, 2nd Edition - IET Electrical