How are BG light switches perceived among electricians?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything other than flatplate, in fact I don't like fitting flatplate in any building.
Agreed.

I come from China, and recent years see the spread of frameless full-size rockers. Major brands including Schneider, Siemens and Legrand are also following up with the trend while supplying the Chinese market.

Would wonder how you all would see such switches - aesthetically pleasing or not? (Well, not for me personally)

1697992682007.png1697993154466.png

To be fair we have a large paddle 1 gang switch just inside the kitchen door for kitchen lights. Come in when it's dark, dogs barking, alarm bleeping, Alexa playing Queen for the dogs, armsful of shopping...hit the paddle with your elbow LIGHTS On!
So true! Didn't even realize that. Yes - practically very useful.

Last edited:
Anything other than flatplate, in fact I don't like fitting flatplate in any building.
Ditto....

Plus Flat-Plate with concealed screws!!!!!!

Flat plate with visible screws can be bad...

But a lot of 'hidden screw' flat-plate accessories have poxy plastic construction that you have to "clip" a decorative metal front-plate onto If you can get it to lie flat enough against the wall!!!

If you want then add Flat-Plat + Hidden-Screw + USB you are often pi55ing in the wind with a standard depth 25mm back box!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO, Flat-Plate accessories are one of the most stupid designs of electrical accessory ever invented...

The people who design & manufacture this stuff have NEVER tried fitting a flat-plate-hidden-screw-single-socket into a standard back-box when there are already 3 cables for a ring and a spur off the ring at that socket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts