Light Switch Warranty Periods...?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alla Musica

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently bought a range of different UK switches back home, and thinking back my decision, one of my concerns was how long the warranty was. For example, BG Nexus and MK Logic+ were 30 years, Click Mode/Polar was 20 years, Hager Sollysta was 25 years from manufacture, and Varilight V-Pro was 10 years, and so I've bought all these brands in light of their long warranty. In comparison, Crabtree was just one year; and Schneider 18 months (or 12 months? I forgot).

On the other hand, MK (30 yrs) had notoriously flimsy terminals while Crabtree (1 yr) had always received positive feedback.

While I know a lot more factors other than the warranty period are worth considering, does the warranty length reflect anything that we should watch out for? I'm soon traveling to the UK again for my studies, and intend to bring a second batch of UK switches back home in China. Preferably I'd get something different yet no less worthwhile this time.

Given this seems to be a repeat of other threads by the OP I've switched off

Status
Not open for further replies.