How our perceptions change.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how things change.

You watch an older film on TV now ,especially the older B&W s and suddenly think " Blimey everyone keeps lighting up fags ,often take two drags and stub them out again. "

Or :- Not too long ago teachers at school were armed with a long bamboo cane and would wack kids on the bottom for the slightest infraction of school rules.

Couldn't park on any at night road without leaving the lights on your car. Many a flat battery on a cold morning.

Then all of a sudden , Oh its OK now , you needn't leave them on anymore.

Or :- At one time if you weren't wearing those ridiculous flared trousers people thought you were old fashioned or "not with it" or even worse......not groovy man.

Go back to 70s early 80s TV and watch some of the stuff that was on.

One I watched recently was The Generation Game with Larry Grayson, talking about his mate Ever Hard. I was shocked, this was on Saturday Night prime time and the stuff he was coming out with, I guess back then it was such an innocent time?

Others

Are you being served talking about Mrs Slocombe's *****

Love thy Neighbour

Mind your language

So many innuendos

Go back to 70s early 80s TV and watch some of the stuff that was on.One I watched recently was The Generation Game with Larry Grayson, talking about his mate Ever Hard. I was shocked, this was on Saturday Night prime time and the stuff he was coming out with, I guess back then it was such an innocent time?

Others

Are you being served talking about Mrs Slocombe's *****

Love thy Neighbour

Mind your language

So many innuendos
I take your point there , Major, but its a difficult one , today we get the "F" word on TV as soon as 9.00pm has passed, when Grayson's"friend"was actually Everard .... Mrs Slocombe was talking about her cat ... in Love Thy Neighbour , the white guy with the racist views always came off worst in the end as did Alf Garnett. Mind your Language was fair 'cos it took the pi$$ out of everyone , if I remember correctly.

The blue comic Max Miller used to say . I believe, "It was alright when it left me Missus" But note that he never appeared on early TV as he told a joke on radio that they told him not to tell. Best not repeat it .

As you say , you don't hear stuff like it now.

Fawlty Towers. Watched it first time round, several times repeated, bought on VHS this week bought again on DVD timelessly classic except I darent watch it now cos the warning on the back says "contains bleeped strong language and racist language".... :C

I know which episode that is Your Holiness. The one where the Major is banging on about taking a women to watch the cricket and he uses , lets say. the "N" word for the West indians and the "W" word for the Indians .

I'd taped off the TV and was watching it some years ago when a sparks who used to help us out called round with his partner, he,s a Jamaican and she ,s Asian . I knew what was coming and said "Oh I'll switch this off while we talk " " No No we love Fawlty Towers " I'm thinking I bet you aint seen this one then .

It resulted in a embarrassed silence .

So they've beeped it out now then ?/

Its priceless Rev, I think it may be "The Germans" .

Don't mention the war , I did , but I think I got away with it.

OH! You're speaking German .......I thought there was something wrong with you.

I know I'll do the funny walk, they'll love it !!

I have it on DVD but its not beeped out . Enjoy.

Basil - You Started it

German - No we didn't

Basil - Yes you did. You invaded Poland.

Absolute classic and a reminder of when Britain had comedians. Proper ones.

Go and see Roy Chubby Brown that is waht you call comody & racism wrapped up into 1 Fat B*****D in his own words!

Absolute legend, surprised he hasnt been kicked of the circuit yet for some of the things he comes out with but laughed my head off that much when i went to se ehim that we are off to see him again! He doesnt care about so called racism he comes out with it wether ya like it or not!

Have you heard the G***yW*g song,? ****ed my self laffing when i 1st heard it!

off to see him again in august on the ***** & Meatballs Tour AGAIN!
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Go and see Roy Chubby Brown that is waht you call comody & racism wrapped up into 1 Fat B*****D in his own words!Absolute legend, surprised he hasnt been kicked of the circuit yet for some of the things he comes out with but laughed my head off that much when i went to se ehim that we are off to see him again! He doesnt care about so called racism he comes out with it wether ya like it or not!
Remember reading about him getting a right good hiding in Bradford after the stadium burnt down and people got killed his remark "You misreble *******s, you never invited me to your BBQ"

I went to the Edinburgh fringe last year, one the shows was Faulty Towers "The Germans" episode. They had recreated the faulty towers restaurant perfectly. You could actually go in and sit down at a table in the restaurant and the sketch was recreated around around you. It was a cracking idea and worked really well.