How to connect a transformer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a "yes I fitted them myself, done a good job didnt I" you get from the majority of "I bought my down lights & took advice from the muppets at B&Q home owners.

You mean to tell me that I shouldn't wire downlights like this ! What about those 100 i've just fitted?

You say that, but our local eddies stock these now...Wire Connectors - IDEAL INDUSTRIES
Given the choice I'd have them banned from use in the UK!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:24 ----------

Oh IF you do have to use them, make sure they meet the requirements for use in the UK, NOT ALL OF THEM DO!

If they don't no matter who sold them to you, YOU will be the one in the dock if something goes wrong.

I first used twist its in the late 1970's, and in those days they were ceramic and gave far better connections than the modern heat prone plastic variants, there was some heat shrink sleeving that fitted them and I have not seen this for sale in ages, but have seen the upsurge in twistits by Ideal Industries. Now then? Does this comply with BS7671? I am of the thinking, yes! It fully complies, providing the enclosure is suitable.

No you all got it wrong the buckets to catch the water from the leak in the roof, and not the mouse poo on the ceiling. Hmm High class establishment.

Nick

G-H,

If you check them out, not many of the "Ideal" screwits are actually CE marked, many are UL or CSA marked, but NOT CE!

Thus not acceptable for use in the EU as they do not meet BS or BS EN, or BS EN ISO, or even IEC standards...

Make of this what you will.

IIRC the boaty one emailed them about this and never got a response!

G-H,If you check them out, not many of the "Ideal" screwits are actually CE marked, many are UL or CSA marked, but NOT CE!

Thus not acceptable for use in the EU as they do not meet BS or BS EN, or BS EN ISO, or even IEC standards...

never checked this, so thanks for the heads up, however I have heard rummours

G-H,If you check them out, not many of the "Ideal" screwits are actually CE marked, many are UL or CSA marked, but NOT CE!

How about their push fits?