How to undermine local tradesmen.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:

I am a homeowner and massively in debt, and I can't even afford to fix my broken fence - why should they be paid using my taxes for doing basic repairs?

and

This is really not fair at all. I have to save up to the kid's bedrooms as well as paying my mortgage - why should they get it all for free?

Oh for crying out loud. Why do me and the wife even bother? We work like navvies to pay our ridiculous mortgage on our over inflated house price and to give the kids everything we can. Sometimes I feel like saying bullocks to it all, handing the keys to the house over, quitting work and letting someone else pay for my lifestyle while I drink strongbow and watch Jeremy Kyle!

To put it into context...

i know a guy who is a 'sparky' who works for the council and all he does most of the day is replace 60w lamps,faulty sockets and switches and it costs the tax payer a mint.....

another crime which the came up with in Corby........providing solar panels for all council tenants to say electricity FFS

who pays for it ???? yep us

but some guy at the council got the hump about the fact he would like it but couldnt afford it so why should people get it for free

But i am sure they will have to declare all income, which means they will receive less dole.

No doubt they will also be allowed to claim for the cost of the tools, to do the diy. That will be the icing on the cake!

believe it or not ams that appears to be the case,!!!!

and, if they fall off the stepladders while they are doing it I'll bet they will be able to sue as well!!!!

headbang

Oh I do believe it. We will pay them to sleep soon!!!

believe it or not ams that appears to be the case,!!!!and, if they fall off the stepladders while they are doing it I'll bet they will be able to sue as well!!!!

headbang

believe it or not ams that appears to be the case,!!!!and, if they fall off the stepladders while they are doing it I'll bet they will be able to sue as well!!!!

headbang
Oh my word - anyone seen the film 'Falling Down' with Michael Douglas? I feel like going on the rampage! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

i have seen falling down, i will meet you at Whammyburger bring a bat

To put it into context...i know a guy who is a 'sparky' who works for the council and all he does most of the day is replace 60w lamps,faulty sockets and switches and it costs the tax payer a mint.....

another crime which the came up with in Corby........providing solar panels for all council tenants to say electricity FFS

who pays for it ???? yep us

but some guy at the council got the hump about the fact he would like it but couldnt afford it so why should people get it for free
When I done my 2391 last year there was 3 lads who were working for the council at Corby also on the course. Some of the things that they had to do to make a property safe when a tenant moved out was an eye opener to say the least. including the removal of meter tails going up to the loft!!!!!!! that was one hell of a loft light up there apparently.

When I done my 2391 last year there was 3 lads who were working for the council at Corby also on the course. Some of the things that they had to do to make a property safe when a tenant moved out was an eye opener to say the least. including the removal of meter tails going up to the loft!!!!!!! that was one hell of a loft light up there apparently.
been to many council properties once empty to make saf the electrics, sometimes wondered if the property was empty due to them being electrocuted

This scheme is nothing new

I had the misfortune of living next to a "don't want to work" dole scrounger for 13 years.

One of his many exploits was where the council gave him several tins of paint to decorate his council house, and he was bragging about the fact instead of painting the house with it, he sold the paint. He thought that was clever. But that was the way he was, a lazy scrounging ignorant b*****d

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture. What is going to be the net effect of many of these people trying to sort stuff themselves? You're going to have to come out and sort it when all the red wires and all the black wires make new light fitting go bang.

:D

Think of it as an opportunity.........

:D

(especially if they flog you some cheap paint, I need about 5 litres of magnolia if you are looking to offload some...........)

Who is going to notify the new spots and supply to the shed they put in?

Never mind asking whos fault it Will be when the wife gets killed due to the exported TNCS in the shed where the washing machine is.