HP Compaq 6820S

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 year old laptop running Vista

Stopped working and will not reboot. tried system recovery etc etc. it offers to recover from a particular point in time - but when you select that option, it asks you to select from a table but theres nothing there to choose! tried removing battery and restarting etc all to no avail....

Help!

Oh DearAfter all the threads on this one would presume you have all vital data backed up ?

Try booting to Ubuntu (cd) and see if that will read the had disk and boot the pc, you can download ubuntu as a live cd and boot from cd
+1^^^

try running Ubuntu from a CD,

it will be able to look into your HDD to check if any files are recoverable,

then see if you can copy your important stuff over to a USB drive,

I think it was KME that was able to save a lot of his stuff that way,

good luck, :)

Thanks for the replies. its the PC that the missus uses and the only things of value are photos. It now boots in safe mode so thats something but cant boot up normally - Ubuntu? if I cant boot it in english I'm not trying it in swalhili

Thanks for the replies. its the PC that the missus uses and the only things of value are photos. It now boots in safe mode so thats something but cant boot up normally - Ubuntu? if I cant boot it in english I'm not trying it in swalhili
It will boot in safe mode now but cant start windoze normally for some reason