Hydrogen - the ultimate answer ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's research into mixing hydrogen with other gases to make it easier to use.
The key point is the inefficiency and pollution of getting the Hydrogen in first place. Use the electricity directly, 3 times plus the amount of electricity to get the hydrogen than it produces when used.

The key point is the inefficiency and pollution of getting the Hydrogen in first place. Use the electricity directly, 3 times plus the amount of electricity to get the hydrogen than it produces when used.
I made that comment before watching the whole thing.

Really interesting that the petrochemical industry is pushing hydrogen, despite it being clearly useless for transportation.

It's interesting that we need fertiliser plants next to steel works, nice to know there's a place for hydrogen.

Carbon capture, always thought that was a silly idea, rewetting peat bogs and changing farming practices, especially not ploughing, can achieve anything cited as possible from carbon capture. I seem to remember seeing a comment about farmland could wipe out UK CO2 emmisions by carbon capture in the soil.

As for shipping, look up the Walker WingSail, developed in Plymouth decades ago, although the company ultimately failed.

What I like most is that end comments, ie we need something quick and simple now, not perfection sometime in the future. Something I totally agree with, it's kind of how I live and work since encountering Pareto Analysis many years ago. Plus it recognises how urgent climate change is.