I Need Desperate For Help!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodbine

Reaction score
I don't have a question on DIY, I need a answer to find out what Electrician has done is correct or not ?

I am not at the ham I am a 70 year young female (I am only looking for help, but can't find the help post )

Thank you for your time

This will do, either in here or Q&A,

But I'm sure in here will be perfectly fine, if need be someone will move it for you.

I'm loving the 70year YOUNG thing going on, I always was partial to the more mature feisty lady,   ;)  

This will do, either in here or Q&A,

But I'm sure in here will be perfectly fine, if need be someone will move it for you.I'm loving the 70year YOUNG thing going on, I always was partial to the more mature feisty lady,   ;)
Thank you for the remark!

OK, I am getting a new fuse box in an the Electrician has tossed out the old one and the electric meter reading box as well is this correct?

He is most definitely not an ELECTRICIAN, or competent or knowledgeable enough to be doing this work,

What he has done is a criminal offence, sorry to say,

And, in truth should be reported to the polis and your electricity provider. 

I do have a smart meter put in buy gas he has been a Electrician as long as my husband had know him,

Welcome to the forum Woodbine, there seems to be a little bit more than some confusion as to what has been done here.

IF your electrician has removed the electricity suppliers metering, then this is illegal.,

We need to understand what has been done in correct terms, pictures before and after would be the best, for us to comment on.

So no before and after photo , I had old fuse box , and when the gas board put in the smart meter they said the box should be updated,

But they left the meter box , Electrician bought new fuse box and done away with old meter box and fuse box, something kept tripping so he left till Monday. Please tell me this is ok you really have me worried.

Hi Woodbine

I think that you need to take a deep breath, nothing is going to change in the next day or 2 and hopefully he's not left you with anything dangerous?

It sounds like you've had a smart meter instaled and then had the fuse box replaced for a consumer unit, if that is the case then everything should hopefuly be fine...

If he has indeed removed some of the suppliers equipment then that is an offence,, however, is there a chance that he's removed a disconnected and obsolete economy 7 equipment?

Is there any way that you can post a photo of how it all looks now? It'll be much easier for us to comment on that

Sorry, I can't from here with the info and description you have given.

The "gas board" are just looking for work when they recommend CU upgrades normally, whist they will normally increase safety, they are normally NOT essential.

Now as far as what you mean by the old meter box, we can only guess from here sorry, and until we understand, we cannot correctly advise.

Sorry don't mean to sound stupid but taken a photo with mini iPad but don't know what to do to up load it?

Hang in there woody I'm sure  one of the mods will be along soon & let you post a picture.