I Need Desperate For Help!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got your pm I have sent it fingers crossed you get it and all is ok, if not I won't sleep until I know how to fix it,

Thank you for all your help!

Thank you so much PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep me informed fingers crossed all will be good ! I will take a sleeping tablet to knock me out and check the forum tomorrow, sorry for all the trouble and once again thank you!

Having looked at the pic.......

I`ve seen worse installs - but I`ve also seen much better ( the top of the new "BG" unit being a case in point.). I`d like to have a clearer idea of what is going on to the bottom left of the pic, where the tails from the meter & new board are disappearing off pic.

The earth cabling doesn`t look too good - and again, there appears to be something going on around the grey box to the bottom left of the pic.

Hi, I sent one ph

Having looked at the pic.......

I`ve seen worse installs - but I`ve also seen much better ( the top of the new "BG" unit being a case in point.). I`d like to have a clearer idea of what is going on to the bottom left of the pic, where the tails from the meter & new board are disappearing off pic.

The earth cabling doesn`t look too good - and again, there appears to be something going on around the grey box to the bottom left of the pic.
Hi, I sent another 3 pictures last night but not sure if you got them?

TBH it looks like all the suppliers equipment is there

The consumer unit has a hole in the top that isn't compliant with the regs, but you also say he hasn't finished yet so he mightn't have sealed it yet

It also looks like he has had to extend some cables in that grey box with the lid hanging off it.... It looks like he's used terminal block and taped over them, I am not a fan of this. IMHO he should have used a maintenance free joint, like a push fit termination or crimp.

What is TBH? Where Is the consumer unit ? What should it look like when he seals it? My husband thinks he has small plastic connectors or so with tape on top for safety till Monday , as he ran out of time, he would get on gr8 then it would keep tripping and back to square one.

Googled first two questions and TBH I am a twit,

My husband thinks he has small plastic connectors or so with tape on top for safety till Monday , as he ran out of time, he would get on gr8 then it would keep tripping and back to square one.

To Be Honest

Consumer unit = fuse box

Looks like a lash up so far but its not finished??? Would be nice to see a proper main earth terminal (MET) there is

a lot of supply cables do you have a shower or another fusebox somewhere? It could be a looped supply to next door??

Also BG smart meter that makes modem noises when you flip the main switch.

My two peneth worth.

:|

Last edited by a moderator: