I wander why you pay so much

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikep

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why pay so much for a wander lead when you can buy an extension lead from Wickes for

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what you have to do to produce something like this, type approval, why can't someone like TLC get the people in china to knock a load out for

i have the kewtech and its excellent, i have made do for years and wish i had bought 1 years ago ...

excellent piece of kit and for the sake of 70 pound well worth it .

I made adaptors for my long extension lead using a 13A ext socket and a 13A plug. Just wire all the terminals together to give L N and E as parallel conductors and an earth lead to connect on to.

Label up so you don't get confused!

Use 15A chock block to join onto test leads, or jubilee clips for pipes or use Fluke 13A plug lead.

The 13A socket also acts as a short for calibrating my 13A plug lead for the Fluke multitester.

Can anyone tell me what would be my parts list for a self made wander lead so that I could use it with my megger 1553??

Your help would be most appreciated.

Can anyone tell me what would be my parts list for a self made wander lead so that I could use it with my megger 1553??Your help would be most appreciated.
You call yourself an electrician? ;)

Go to Maplin or CPC and search for banana plugs.

Thats exactly what I did do.

Am looking for female banana socket but cant find them anywhere on Maplins site.

Would rather pick one up locally rather than waiting for it to be delivered.

Maplins stock the plugs but not the sockets from what I can see.

Thats exactly what I did do.Am looking for female banana socket but cant find them anywhere on Maplins site.

Would rather pick one up locally rather than waiting for it to be delivered.

Maplins stock the plugs but not the sockets from what I can see.
Look harder:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=34962&OrderCode=N34AP

;)

Or the bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4mm-Banana-Connector-4pc-Pack-2x-Plug-2x-Socket-/300423054361?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item45f29c0419

Feeble excuse. It would take me 10 mins to get the parts and not much longer to make one, in my own time, in which I enjoy doing things that I do all day anyway, for some reason.Your clearly one of these part time electricians, only doing electrical things for 12 or so hours per day! ;)
would prob have more time if i picked up my speed a bit, i mean take 1 hour instead of 2 to wire that plug on

Looks like I got a mine project to do then.

Thanks for the info you guys.

Chris

Latest posts