ideal isar HE30

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Im pretty sure my PCB has had it :_|

I can see they are about

How old is the boiler?

I used to work for Ideal Boilers about 7 years ago (I live just round the corner) and remember they had a lot of recalls because of dodgy PCBs. I think they were getting them from China then (say no more :innocent ).

A lot of people got laid off when British Gas cancelled their order. They were taking 50% of everything we made back then.

I would never buy an Ideal boiler. Worcester-Bosch is probably a better choice.

No loose connections and checked both fuses. the boiler is four years old and never had a problem. Done a bit of research it seems the pcb is a high failure part, people believe its more the transformer than the pcb.

Spoke to a couple if heating engineer mates and they said go for the BG fixed price repair as they would probably change the PCB and the control panel and may have it in stock!

Phoned BG three hours later a engineer went round, unfortunately they didnt have the parts but they will be fitting new stuff monday, the PCB alone was

Ideal do make some tat.

Very easy to get the parts. Parts centre et al. all keep plenty of stock because they shift so many

(honestly can't remember the isar/icos pcb configuration. I remember the display pcb fits all the different models but with dip switches in different positions)

How old is the boiler?I used to work for Ideal Boilers about 7 years ago (I live just round the corner) and remember they had a lot of recalls because of dodgy PCBs. I think they were getting them from China then (say no more :innocent ).

A lot of people got laid off when British Gas cancelled their order. They were taking 50% of everything we made back then.

I would never buy an Ideal boiler. Worcester-Bosch is probably a better choice.
Very good post, and a truly excellent avatar :)

Ideal do make some tat.Very easy to get the parts. Parts centre et al. all keep plenty of stock because they shift so many

(honestly can't remember the isar/icos pcb configuration. I remember the display pcb fits all the different models but with dip switches in different positions)
unfortunatly when this place was being renovated the didnt spec the boiler and let the plumber get on with it, this was the last renovation without a specd WB boiler. In all fairness to it four years without one thing going wrong with the way boilers are these days i dont think thats too bad. Its not as pretty as a WB boiler either.

From my limited research the PCB is one that does four(?) of the ideal boilers and you use jumpers on it to identify the boiler. Apparently the orange pcbs are alot more reliable than the old ones.