I'm due an upgrade my phone,,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other half switched phones about 3 months back and got a Blackberry 8320 and I'm impressed with it.Its got Wi-Fi and with a couple of other bits downloaded of the net its not bad at web surfing and email.

The only down side is its a pain to get your address book moved over from a conventional phone a lot of giggery beggery
i had my old phone sync'd with outlook, when i got new phone i sync'd that to outlook and done

Andy,

You mean you have set it up to receive e-mails at a preset interval, or do you get them as soon as they are sent??

Which network are you with / price plan??

I have my N95 set to check for e-mails every 30mins between 9am and 10pm (that's often enough for me). I am very happy with the phone, but as I'm coming up to renewal I thought that I should upgrade, but in all honestly it's looking like it's difficult to get a better phone than the N95 at the moment.

Been told / found out (CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG)

G1 & C905 break all the time

Pixion is a good reliable phone, but does not have Wi-fi, Irda or a Xenon flash

Blackberries - require push e-mail at extra cost

all my mail goes to mail server (blueyonder and my own site). they get left on there for 28 days after my computer has downloaded them.

phone is set up to frequently check all mail accounts (4 of them). once new email is received, its downloaded to BB and i can then read it/download images if i want to veiw them.

sometimes come through with minutes, or sometimes up to 20 minutes. checks 24 hours

i can also send emails from BB - and email sent are from my existing email, not something@blackberry

Really, it all works like a text message but with added attachments etc

With orange. cant remember price plan.

Phone has WIFI, but i rarely use that - drains the battery a lot more, and the only time i would use it is at home.... where i have my computer to send/receive emails.

AFAIK, there is no cost for this - all comes under data sent/received.

but knowing my luck ill get a shock at the bill!

c905 & sony in general seem to have major problems with some software, esp vodafone and t mobile.

i have used (and would use nothing but) SE phones now for near 10 years, currently k800(why upgrade, it works) 2 years. but all the phones i have had have been clean(completly manfacturer unlocked), ie, no network operator software, that is IMO the problem.

Always wait until you are out of contract or within 30 days of it.

Call and tell them you are thinking of moving network and ask for a PAC code. At this point you will be put through to retentions- they will give you a much better deal than the usual csr's

Always look around and see what others are offering (specially 3) and they will usually match or beat it to keep you.

heres my two, really nice phones although i like the slide version better ;)

slidenokia.jpg

SLIDE version :)

nokiaclassic.jpg

classic version :|

i was paying 85 pounds for 600 minutes on one phone an older nokia, phone up orange and got these two with 400 minutes on each for 22

Update,

I got a Nokia E71 the other day. build quity feels great (metal case), just got to get used to the qwerty keyboard now - even though the keys are small my sausage fingers seem to be able to work it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the G1 & I think it's an awesome phone, it has never broken as yet.

Also have a V3i in very good condition still with box for sale if anyone wants one & a Sony Erriccson (sp) w850i in the same condition?

I got the G1 on a free upgrade, still pay just

If you want to upgrade your phone, the best solution I can give is get one that rings loud, so you can hear it over the noise of a site,it must have a keypad so you can make a call and all the rage this day and age a screen to see who you are calling, and who is calling you.

90% of a modern phones available technology is never used by the average user. That is a fact.

ABC,which tarrif are you on?

I've just changed mine from Flext35 personal plan to Flext30 business plan, gives me free voice mail and next day replacement phone if it breaks; it's also