I'm getting old

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
I've been working away for a few weeks and the young lady (mid 20's) was telling me about her friend who had her eye on this lad, " She's going for it tonight" she told me "it's steak and BJ night". I asked her what she meant and she explained that when a young lady fancies a bloke she invites him to her house, ply's him with drink, cooks him a steak and gives him a BJ, hopefully this will be the start of a relationship ! I thought it might have been a local thing so I asked a couple of women where I live and they said it was a common thing.It would seem there was only me hadn't heard of it. time was when a young man took out a young lady,wined her,dined her,and very often was lucky to get a kiss goodnight,my how times have changed!

These days I'm lucky to get a steak, lol. It was freezing on Sunday and SWMBO had me up a ladder putting Christmas lights along the gutter, it was freezing cold and windy and I commented on this. "shut up moaning, you've spent 3 weeks away working off ladders in the cold" she said, "yes dear, but I was getting paid for that" ,"and your point is?" she enquired.

Okay Miss S that's a deal, I'll cook the steak and you......

P.S nice to see you on the forum, you have been away for a bit. Stuck in the hoop by the looks of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I never realised it was a thing. I just thought I was a dab hand at the old razzle dazzle and had some smooth lines.

How could I possibly refuse such an offer, I'll have it medium rare please @ProDave ;)

I've had a bit of a **** time recently, hence the silence. I'm off to the Homeland on tuesday though for a week of family time and too much food so that should set me right :)  Good to see you lot haven't changed much though  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
How could I possibly refuse such an offer, I'll have it medium rare please @ProDave ;)

I've had a bit of a **** time recently, hence the silence. I'm off to the Homeland on tuesday though for a week of family time and too much food so that should set me right :)  Good to see you lot haven't changed much though  :p
God jul och Gott Nytt Ar  Sweedy 

There are currently 27175 members on this forum. Even if I round that down to 25000 that's still nearly 70 years worth of steak every day. So I wouldn't have to cook again until I'm in my late 90's. WIN! :D  

Gentlemen, please form an orderly queue.