Important Product Recall Notification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just called them and registered the addresses I have fitted new MCB's at in the last year and they will pay me to swap them out (not much mind). I do have some new unused ones too. I think they pay a set fee for changing so probably best to register as many addresses as possible if you have a large stock as I think the cost includes purchase of new breakers.

Can`t register yet, as I don`t specify on my invoices which boards I`ve fitted. I`ve just spoken to suppliers, who`re going to generate a list of these breakers I`ve had, and what dates, so I can try to cross-reference `em.

Gawd - I wonder if the parent company somewhere up the line is Toyota?

Please consider the possibility that this is an elaborate scam. The website domain is not Wylex's and is registered to a private individual. If I recall correctly the phone number is a premium rate one. So you end up giving them your customers names, plus your money.

I filled a form out last week got an email back that they would contact me on tuesday haven't heard a thing they are not too worried I think.

Please consider the possibility that this is an elaborate scam. The website domain is not Wylex's and is registered to a private individual. If I recall correctly the phone number is a premium rate one. So you end up giving them your customers names, plus your money.
IF this is an elaborate scam the one of the biggest electrical wholesalers in the country has been taken in to such an extent they are recalling their own brand product, the possible brand damage with respect to this is unmeasurable.

PLUS I have had the the regional sales manager confirm to me a few weeks ago that an investigation was being undertaken.

One HECK of an elaborate scam!

No scam this is for real

Have already notified the site and am in process of getting list of together

Remember the data protection act.

You can't just hand out contact details for customers out willy nilly without their consent

And I thought I was sceptical!

I've had 2 wholesalers give me the recall website details.

JUST RECIEVED PACK OF 25 RECALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM AGENCY ON BEHALF OF ELECTRIUM. (I have not given them any addresses)

CONTENTS

MCB Exchange procedure - check list (details of what breakers and codes need replaceing) and New supplier authorisation form from Electrium to be sent in with YOUR invoice and Test (?) certificate for replacement of MCBs

A note on the bottom states "all work must be carried out by a Qualified competent person in accordance with BS7671...."

So basically looks like we will get paid to visit check and replace them where required.

Question is What Certificate needs to be issued for replacement of an MCB?

Ask them what they want?

Else MWC as it is the minimum, thus cheapest, "proves" you did the job and some basic tests?

Like for like replacement does not require certification?

Yes thats what I would have said, but I suppose you have got to go with what they wan't.

Hi,

now that mains i did in my book......it was a crabtree 'starbreaker' unit my mate got from screwfix around april last year.

does that come into the re-call?

best wishes

alan

Received a pack all very vague about how you are going to get paid for time for checking and changing affected breakers. If there is a problem with breakers Electrium have handled this very badly and I think this is going to cause a lot of problems for there business. I have checked my stock and have 6 x 6 amp with affected date code so they will be going back to wholesaler which also means going back to a customer as I fitted some there from same batch. I use quickbooks and keep a check of stock so can check were I fitted things so its not too bad but I can see this is going be a nightmare for a lot of electricians.

i still havent received anything, even though i have sent a few messages.

ive already looked through stock history, and have a list of every job where the affected breakers have been used, but even so, they may have been older stock before the problem, so property may not need any breakers changed, even though they have to be removed to check them

Effected breaker codes which are last four of six letters will put in tips and tricks as should only be checked by electricians.

whats the deal with being paid batty?

If they aren't prepared to pay honestly it could prove a bad move for the brand.

whats the deal with being paid batty?If they aren't prepared to pay honestly it could prove a bad move for the brand.
Don't know really, lucky I think I only have one customer I think so not to much of a hardship to check.

Latest posts