Important Product Recall Notification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes just an envelope with check list, check label, form to fill in for each property and return label (NOT free post)

I did not give them any addresses but just filled in the on-line form as "various" and anticipated number of jobs (25)

They sent me 25 envelopes (packs)

Admin taking longer then jobs

Did 1 this morning, Took 10 mins NO mcb to change, have 3 booked for this afternoon. (CHING)

Find it easiest to drop Bus bar(s) out completely as you have to lift MCBs out to see date code on side.

Just make sure to catch ALL Mcbs in Busbar when putting them back in.

I remember now why I have gone back to Crabtree Star breakers, nice and easy Plug in Busbar

update: received envelopes today. was going to call them today to complain i havent heard anything, but forgot the phone number. just as well - they turned up not long after

Done five so far and Not found any of the Recalled codes yet.

Nice and easy little earner, no problems with any of the Customers they seem to appreciate us taking the trouble, seems as if Toyota has paved the way, several have mentioned them and seem to see it as a sign of a good responsible company.

Hi Guys

Just new on here but thought I would give some news on this problem,

on september last year installed a dual rcd board on february this year 2 mcb's 6 amp wylex started melting and within no time set the board on fire it started dripping on the carpet, set house on fire the board was 12" from gas meter and nearly set the house up, scared the **** out me

so right away I new that there had been more than my company working in the house there was ikea fitting a kitchen etc so I contacted my supplier to see if there had been a problem with these mcb's

because in 28 years doing this job I had never seen this before it was nothing like a slack connection which I knew it was't anyway as the connection onthe terminal and the connection on the buss bar was all that was left of the breaker the rest had gone,

anyway I contacted wylex and within 2 hours a rep was out to pick up the board and I was told I would get a lab report in 2 weeks well I am still waiting on the report,

then kept phoning as I had to rewire most mains supply to circuits and shower circuits etc the place was a mess carpets burnt etc,

so I finally got a manger then I was promised a call 2 weeks ago for my payment nothing so called last week and got another guy after getting sent from pillar to post this guy say's he will help

so hope get my payment soon I have another 48 properties to go to with approx 150 mcb's to change the first 2 boards today was 11 mcb's you do get

I rang Electrium last Wednesday and had my packs on Friday. I've now done 6 out of my 7 houses and have a small box of MCBs to send back. Must say, it's easy money (well, for me any way as all my clients are very close. I can see how it might not be enough if your client base is widespread).

Hi Guys Just new on here but thought I would give some news on this problem,

on september last year installed a dual rcd board on february this year 2 mcb's 6 amp wylex started melting and within no time set the board on fire it started dripping on the carpet, set house on fire the board was 12" from gas meter and nearly set the house up, scared the **** out me

so right away I new that there had been more than my company working in the house there was ikea fitting a kitchen etc so I contacted my supplier to see if there had been a problem with these mcb's

because in 28 years doing this job I had never seen this before it was nothing like a slack connection which I knew it was't anyway as the connection onthe terminal and the connection on the buss bar was all that was left of the breaker the rest had gone,

anyway I contacted wylex and within 2 hours a rep was out to pick up the board and I was told I would get a lab report in 2 weeks well I am still waiting on the report,

then kept phoning as I had to rewire most mains supply to circuits and shower circuits etc the place was a mess carpets burnt etc,

so I finally got a manger then I was promised a call 2 weeks ago for my payment nothing so called last week and got another guy after getting sent from pillar to post this guy say's he will help

so hope get my payment soon I have another 48 properties to go to with approx 150 mcb's to change the first 2 boards today was 11 mcb's you do get

No sorry do not have any press cuttings do you know has it been in the press? was at a job today more than 300 houses will have to be checked as the one I was in had the bad breakers so most of the site will, they were built in September 2009

Only thing is Electrium says they are using their own contractors to carry out the work.

I phoned them today to see how to get onto their list of contractors but no chance did not really know what I was talking about but he said they have had many phone calls from this site to get the work done as well.

If you know the location of some MCBs on the list that were installed between April 2009 and Feb 2010, then all you need to do is register on line and they will "aprove you" be sending you the paperwork.

phone them, tell them your a sparky and to send you X amount of packs

the pack has a 'new supplier form' with it

as a side note, a little tip for filling in the new supplier form

get a plain bit of paper, write all the details on there (your company name etc - everything apart from site details), and put them through a photocopier

Don't forget to change the address and check label number or they might get suspicious;)

Its your International Bank Address Number

Search and you will find

Latest posts