Important Product Recall Notification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a letter this morning from Electrium about the faulty MCBs sold between April 2009 and Feb 2010. What are Forumites doing about it ?

The letter says their records show I have purchased Steeple MCBs in that period, which is correct, also my regular builder who supplies the materials for his jobs always buys Steeple .

This is going to be a right PITA , who pays for all this ??

Got one yesterday too despite already having registered my jobs with them.

They are paying (a bit). There are at least 2 other threads on here about it though.

Yeah, but they won't pay enough.

Time you've found out who's homes their in, then the phone calls to make sure they're in, then the driving around, your time. I'd stick a bill into them, a fat one ;)

Well you're laughing Batty, but for those that use it extensively I can see it's going to cost them.
hasnt been too bad for me - just check my stock and see what job number affected MCB's was used, get the address, send letter, and go to job

Received a letter this morning from Electrium about the faulty MCBs sold between April 2009 and Feb 2010. What are Forumites doing about it ?The letter says their records show I have purchased Steeple MCBs in that period, which is correct, also my regular builder who supplies the materials for his jobs always buys Steeple .

This is going to be a right PITA , who pays for all this ??
Its a good EARNER see earlier posts on this.

So how do I know where these jobs are ?

AaaaHH Elementary My Dear Watson , dig out last years EIC book from the loft where you slung it and look them up .

But wait Watson, someone is approaching down Baker St. Yes thats a 1962 Morris Minor Van , it has one bald tyre and is firing on only three cylinders, the driver approaches our door , And Yes, Mrs Hudson has sent him up, he has a wooden leg, Watson, which is considerably shorter than the real one , he is posing as a tradesman , not a gas mantle fitter, er.. yes, one of those new fangled elastictricians methinks, he,s panting with Midlands accent ..... Ahhh his card under the door Watson ...some sort of Non de plume... what can it mean ...Special Location ... I'm at a loss Watson!

I did about 40 cu changes for a local council!

All wylex not heard anything from them yet but my supplier has given them all my details.

With Vat thats

So..........has anyone actually received a payment from Electrium ?

I ask because I was promised payment by Greenwood for replacing heat resisting flex and lampholder on their downlights , they had sent them out with stuff that melts after 2 hours . I charged

Hi

Yes I have received my first payment from Electrium, I think I just caught a BACS "run" at the end of April.

Awaiting payment for 2nd and 3rd batch of invoices.

Just a tip, How to identify jobs using Steeple CUs

I worked out that all the 5+5 AND 4+3 Boards I had fitted in the last Year were Steeple, I use Crabtree Star breakers as first choice which are NOT included, but they are 4+4 or 6+7 or High integ. boards, so checked all DEIC certs to see from circuit schedule what was where.

:)

PS

2nd BACS payment remittance advice received today 17th May Invoiced 23rd April.

I did about 40 cu changes for a local council!All wylex not heard anything from them yet but my supplier has given them all my details.

With Vat thats

Hi Guys Just new on here but thought I would give some news on this problem,

on september last year installed a dual rcd board on february this year 2 mcb's 6 amp wylex started melting and within no time set the board on fire it started dripping on the carpet, set house on fire the board was 12" from gas meter and nearly set the house up, scared the **** out me

so right away I new that there had been more than my company working in the house there was ikea fitting a kitchen etc so I contacted my supplier to see if there had been a problem with these mcb's

because in 28 years doing this job I had never seen this before it was nothing like a slack connection which I knew it was't anyway as the connection onthe terminal and the connection on the buss bar was all that was left of the breaker the rest had gone,

anyway I contacted wylex and within 2 hours a rep was out to pick up the board and I was told I would get a lab report in 2 weeks well I am still waiting on the report,

then kept phoning as I had to rewire most mains supply to circuits and shower circuits etc the place was a mess carpets burnt etc,

so I finally got a manger then I was promised a call 2 weeks ago for my payment nothing so called last week and got another guy after getting sent from pillar to post this guy say's he will help

so hope get my payment soon I have another 48 properties to go to with approx 150 mcb's to change the first 2 boards today was 11 mcb's you do get

Latest posts