Important Product Recall Notification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone on here actually contacted any of their clients about this yet? What did you say / write to them? What reaction have you recieved?

Are Electrium providing a proforma letter?

Just how do you phone up a client and tell them you've fitted a load of crap?

I just phoned them.

Basically its 75quid per property to inspect and if nessasary replace. You get sent a kit per property, which includes customer docs, test certs, CU stickers as well as pre-paid envelopes. Just need to email my list of addresses to their email address and take it from there.

Update.....

Spoke to local TLC branch today - apparently none of their stock was affected !!!

So I`m going onto head office - Ask them to send me that in writing, just in case (cya ;) )

KME

spoke to my wholesaler today - dont know anything about it

checked my stock of breakers, and many of the 6A are faulty, none of the 10A, and some of the 16A

Update.....Spoke to local TLC branch today - apparently none of their stock was affected !!!

So I`m going onto head office - Ask them to send me that in writing, just in case (cya ;) )

KME
How could they not be affected there were nearly a year of breakers involved?

whats the code we should be looking out for? or are they dated?
The date is in the last four letters of the six letters they are in the tips and tricks section as they should only be checked by an electrician obviously.

Okay....

Not happy with TLCs comments (esp. verbally), so I`ve emailed head office, requesting clarification of the position, in writing. We`ll see what happens......

Still to check me stock, though.

KME

Have identified 13 jobs to check, some with only a couple of the MCBS in the range affected, and have picked up supply of MCBs from Denmans (Steeple Range)

Just awaiting clarification from Electrium as to "Test certificate" required as specified in the check list, have pointed out to them that BS7671 does not require certification for replacement of an MCB like for like.

Have already spoken to one Landlord and shown him copy of Recall notice from web site, explained NO cost involved to him and he was fine about it all.

I think it just needs a bit of thought as to how you explain it in a professional manner and don't see it being a problem with customers.

At

The fee sounds right if theres little or no certification. But if its EIC then it could be quite a pain, I have about 10 properties and some having 4 affected MCB's

Not sure of cut-off date, but I think they will alow a reasonable amount of time, as to payment YES you get paid the same to visit and check even if all are ok, you still have to fit a check label with serial number and send in the paperwork.

UPDATE TODAY MONDAY 19TH APRIL

Spoke to Electrium Tech guy today (01543 455010) as had not heard from them re Test Cert required

They acknowledge NO CERTIFICATE REQUIRED as advised by ECA

I am now going ahead with visits.

PS The guy said that they only had 4 over heating failure in 1.5 Million but Siemons (who now own Electrium) have decided on the recall.

Latest posts