Infinite Prime Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Tomorrow I'm going to be installing an Infinite Prime wireless alarm so today I hooked it up and startIed to get everything talking to eachother, however I ran in to a problem..... while I could program one detector I couldn't get any further detectors to talk with the panel :(

I know that I've probably missed something simple, but TBH I just couldn't figure it out in the time that I. had.

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction before I go back tomorrow, but if not then I'm going to do a factory reset on the panel and hopefully that'll sort it!

after fitting one of them a few years ago, i wouldnt fit another one

had 2 different instructions on how to setup the bellbox (one with the panel, one with the bellbox). neither worked, and the best 'help' their tech support could offer was 'only follow one of the mauals'.

I used to fit the original (non Prime) when they first came out. Registration was easy and I doubt it would have changed much.

in the Programming menu you would select Devices, then Zones to register PIR's / DC's. Select the zone number and the registration process starts (so long as no device is already programmed to that zone. Then pull the tab out the battery. The panel needs 2 signals acknowledge, you should here 2 chimes to confirm these. Then you should see Save? on the screen. Press the tick to confirm.

Then change to another Zone and do it again.

Repeat until all zones are registered.

To be honest we used to stand in front of panel with the pcbs (back plates already fitted to walls etc) and do the registration, then take them to the rooms and install.

Maybe that was part of the problem,,, the SAB was the first thing I paired (without issue),, later I read in the manual that you shouldn't pair the SAB until after you've paired all the detectors :eek:  

From what I can tell Barx, that is exactly how it's mean't to work,,, works fine for the first one, but the second one (either PIR or mag contact) won't pair no matter what zone you are putting it to!

Looking at the manual, you dont assign the bell to a zone, it is a separate transmitter in the panel. I would delete the bell registered zones and follow the instructions for registering the bell transmitter. i.e. put the bell into registration mode then activate the external siren test mode. then activate the siren a second time to confirm. Hope it goes well, I used to love the systems, it would be a shame if they messed up the setup.