Intercom advice.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Morning all.

I am in the process of wiring an office block. I am in need of some advice & recommendations regarding the intercom system. The configuration is not one I am familiar with!

Basically an intercom system has been specified by the architect which consists of one master unit to be located at reception along with 2 external speech units. The configuration specified is as follows

"A visitor to the building will press a button on the external speech unit which will activate a sounder on the mater unit. When the call is accepted at the master unit this will initiate 2-way conversation between the master unit and the relevant external speech unit. Conversation between the 2 external speech units shall be prohibited."

All makes sense I suppose.

However I am unable to locate a suitable system. I don't have much experience when it comes to intercom systems to be honest.

Any advice on a suitable system will be much appreciated.

Been away for a while. Hope everyone is well!

Cheers

GS

A few years back we would fit a 'privacy' card to the outdoor stations, this would 'toggle' between each unit so speech was not heard anywhere else. I would start off with Entryphone, based in S London who are very helpful and supply good kit

We use Gdx door entry systems, easy to install ,will do exactly what you want. A little dear but worth it!! Google Gdx or ask at your local trade counter..

Try using Bitichino it's Legrand kit 2 wire it's good for what you need. It's easy to install if you are not familiar with Paxton.

;)

A few years back we would fit a 'privacy' card to the outdoor stations, this would 'toggle' between each unit so speech was not heard anywhere else. I would start off with Entryphone, based in S London who are very helpful and supply good kit
Decided to go with the Entryphone kit.

Placed an online order last week. The following day I had a call from them telling me I had ordered parts that I may not actually require. Anyway, turned out I didn't require these so they cancelled the order and emailed me a new quotation, all I had to do was place this order and pay for it. Got home later that evening checked emails etc. Opened quotation with the items not required removed. This alone saved me about

Latest posts