Intermediate switch wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...eeeeeee thank  Yowwwwwww
You're going all Arthur Askey again....I've told you about that !!  

(I’ve had plenty of practice interpreting Deke)  ROTFWL
Huh!   I speak the Queen's English with a definite upper clarse  accent  .... I 'aint no one what needs no interrupter  fanks very much . 

Hi Kerching ,  tried a intermediate switch , wired as above .    

Bit different but still something wrong unfortunately.   Each light switch switches the lights on and off fine .   But with the two upstairs switches is a bit odd .    

If I leave the light on at one of the switches ‘then ‘ try and switch it off with the other switch opposite , it won’t turn off .   I have to go back to the other switch to turn the light off .   Crazy I know but that’s how it is .    I felt confident your suggestion was the answer .   If you  or anyone else has any other suggestions I will give it a try .

Cheers will do .    Tried that with the new intermediate but will try it with the other when I get time .   Must be something simple like that .   Will let you know 

Kerch ing ,   Cheers mate , you’re the man ,   you where right ,  I owe you a bag of chips on me .

it was a double pole switch on the second intermediate .   Switched it to an intermediate and it now works perfectly .    

Thanks to all those for your efforts to help me sort this .   Got there in the end . 

Phew!,

Latest posts