Invoicing.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batty,

There is no way am I travelling 100 - 200 miles for nowt!

I charge 50p per mile & travelling at my hourly rate.

This is the norm in the fault finding / service sector.

And my rates are cheap!

Think about it, you rarely average over 50 mph on a run.

Work out your p per mile from your fuel costs & the distance travelled, it will open your eyes!

My Transit Connect diesel costs about 20p per mile in fuel, that is without any other costs or overheads!

batty,There is no way am I travelling 100 - 200 miles for nowt!

I charge 50p per mile & travelling at my hourly rate.

This is the norm in the fault finding / service sector.

And my rates are cheap!

Think about it, you rarely average over 50 mph on a run.

Work out your p per mile from your fuel costs & the distance travelled, it will open your eyes!

My Transit Connect diesel costs about 20p per mile in fuel, that is without any other costs or overheads!
Most of my jobs I will be there all day so as said don't really think about fuel but as your work is different to mine I can see why you would charge for fuel.

I use an online accounts system "Crunch", I find this very good for my business. It also helps in that all invoices issued are templated to my requirements, any breakdown is easily incorporated into my invoices. It can take up to 12 weeks for a VAT number to come through, so any invoice issued should have the statement that you have applied for VAT and your invoice includes this VAT, if they require a VAT invoice one can be issued once the number is issued.

I find it strange that people never even charge for travel, after all it costs you! I have a set travel cost, per hour cost, and intelectual advise cost. (Thats when I charge them for my opinion without doing any work).

When i applied for a VAT Reg Number, I spoke to HMRC on the phone. They gave me a temporary VAT number over the phone, which they told me to use until my proper VAT number came through.