iPhone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i only got my iphone a couple months ago and i was torn between the 3gs and the nokia N900. i went for the iphone in the end due to lead time on the nokia(my phone was stolen a week or two before the N900 came out then it had a lead time of 4-6 weeks), i have never seen or played with an N900 myself so i can't really say how they compare but technically they are very very similar, it'll come down to reliability and usability of the OS in the end. i had a blackberry storm and hated it but then others love them, what really put me off the storm was in order to use the most of the functions you had to have BIS(blackberry internet services) on your account which wasn't mentioned during the upgrade and cost an extra

bengie, try getting one of the o2 rolling contracts, might be cheaper.

I have been playing with an IPhone today, and in all honesty, and the guy owned it agrees, NO BIG DOG really.

doesnt really do much more for the average bloke than my current phone, and he was able to do virtually everything on my phone he did on the iphone, just a teeny screen on mine, SE K800i.

with the exception of specific downloaded programs that my PDA could do then it was just a glorified laptop with a tiny screen, and my mobile broadband works faster/better/and 15"bigger.

ps, I could be making myself look even more of a total pratt than normal here,

my birthday soon and I know Aggie has bought me a phone, just not which one. (hope its not an iphone Pray )

out of interest lurch what does your 6230 do that an iPhone won't other than send/receive media over bluetooth?
Well, mp3 as a ringtone, and yes, main thing for me is it doesn't need iTunes so that's it really. ;)

I just need my phone to be light, small and not fragile. I need it to make\receive calls and send\receive texts. That is all, and that's what my phone does.

you can set anything as a ringtone on the iPhone if you know how, no hacks required :D

apparantly if you jailbrake the iphone you don't need itunes at all, not that there is anything wrong with iTunes in the first place as long as you set it up correctly when you install it.

i agree the iPhone isn't the smallest of phones but it certainly isn't massive and heavy. i don't think they are overly fragile either, my nokia's certainly scratched much much easier than my iPhone.

steptoe, i've seen the O2 simplicity contracts and yes i would get more minutes for my money than i do now but you get far more than i need so they wouldn't be used anyway and then they'll charge you for certain numbers like 0800, 0845 etc etc, i know you pay for them on PAYG but your not paying upfront for "free" calls and then charged on top for calls when you have millions of minutes left over, this was my main gripe with contract and why i have given up on it.

I saw an O2 simplicity at

you can set anything as a ringtone on the iPhone if you know how, no hacks required :D apparantly if you jailbrake the iphone you don't need itunes at all, not that there is anything wrong with iTunes in the first place as long as you set it up correctly when you install it.

i agree the iPhone isn't the smallest of phones but it certainly isn't massive and heavy. i don't think they are overly fragile either, my nokia's certainly scratched much much easier than my iPhone.

steptoe, i've seen the O2 simplicity contracts and yes i would get more minutes for my money than i do now but you get far more than i need so they wouldn't be used anyway and then they'll charge you for certain numbers like 0800, 0845 etc etc, i know you pay for them on PAYG but your not paying upfront for "free" calls and then charged on top for calls when you have millions of minutes left over, this was my main gripe with contract and why i have given up on it.

I saw an O2 simplicity at

KK, sorry, but I really cant see the point in it,I can understand having a radio on the phone, or even a camera and some songs, I use mine,

but in all honesty, to surf the net on a (even)4" screen to me is total madness, never mind try type on it. sorry, IMO.

its just like a little ickle PC then I suppose,

maybe Im too old for all this,

but sometimes it seems to me technology is just technology for the fact of being,

and isnt really of any real practical use after the novelty has worn off.

just makes you wonder where all the advances of the 80s/90s that we couldnt live without are now.
didnt mean to copy it all, dunno how to just take a snipet thought, i must say it isnt a lickle ickle pc though, its an apple product so instantly makes it a million times better than any pc.

my boss has an ipod touch with all sorts of apps for measuring noise levels, getting the right angle on speakers etc, excellent piece of kit for only a couple of quid per app

didnt mean to copy it all, dunno how to just take a snipet thought,
Hit the quote button as you already did, then delete the bits of the existing quote you don't need, ensuring you leave the bits between the square brackets at each end intact.

You can also add several quotes into one post or split it up into several sections to address points individually if required.

didnt mean to copy it all, dunno how to just take a snipet thought, i must say it isnt a lickle ickle pc though, its an apple product so instantly makes it a million times better than any pc.
rubbish.

my boss has an ipod touch with all sorts of apps for measuring noise levels, getting the right angle on speakers etc, excellent piece of kit for only a couple of quid per app
thats nothing to do with apple, thats the people that made the app. the ipod touch doesn't even have a mic.

rubbish.thats nothing to do with apple, thats the people that made the app. the ipod touch doesn't even have a mic.
pretty sure the 32 gig does, hence the apps being able to measure sound.