IR Imaging

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorOak

Reaction score
Hi All

I thought I would stick up a few images of our thermal camera, the project was finished last year and I have meaning to share a few images from the camera. My role was developing firmware for the FPGA within the camera hardware.

Substation

2010-02-04-154326.jpeg

Pylon

2011-01-31-135037.jpeg

Substation

2011-02-16-103617.jpeg

Moggie

Cat%20in%20the%20dark.jpeg

Beer Boiler

Boiler%20Beer.jpeg

Hopper

Cyclon%201.jpeg

Electrical Panel

Electrical%20Panel.jpeg

Valve

Hot%20Valve.jpeg

Image fusion with Visual / Infra Red

wood%20burner.jpeg

The camera is called a VisIR640, we developed it here in Cambridge. At it's core is an un-cooled micro-bolometer. This comes out of our latest development for predictive maintenance! We also develop software for keeping track of all your thermal images over surveys and sites. The software can also trend on the images, giving you advanced warning of anything getting warmer over time and also allowing you to automatically generate reports for your clients on any aspect of a survey.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:30 ----------

We did some work with NASA a couple of years ago for their LCROSS misson to find water on the moon. The same type of camera core that is in the VisIR640, see above, is the same as the one blasted into space. The rocket was eventually split into two and aimed and crashed into the moon. Our camera was on the second stage that flew through the cloud of dust the first rocket generated searching for any sign of water.

The second stage did crash into the moon too after it had sent all it's data back.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VcDmVLiw0-M?feature=oembed

Course I don't mind use the images as you feel feel fit!! If any of you guys would like any other images taking in infrared, dogs, cats rabbits, naked ladies send me a note. Although I must say that I require