IS the SF site down?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been on sf forum but not signed in, i do that alot lately,

go on without been logged in.

dont take part on tnere much now too much bitching etc

:_|

Slow really slow.

And I am (and WW is) using the fastest browsers on the market :^O

Blimey made my first post there within the past week - only took me some 15 minutes to log on type the crap and post it :^O :^O

I see it has caught the eye of good old Ext (17th Edition thread).

What a load of old toss, sorry tosh, that 314.1 is - have you read it? It is ridiculous, I swear these regs are written by 18 girls with a degree in botany. There were certainly NOT written by a sparky and nor was a spark consulted either - that's for sure.

I have and you haven't missed much. The one I have is about to be out of date - many thanks IET (not).

Section 314.1 reads as follows -

Every installation shall be divided into circuits, as necessary, to ; -

(i) avoid hazards and minimise inconvenience in the event of a fault.

(ii) facilitate safe inspection, testing and maintenance (see also Section 537)

(iii) take account of danger that may arise from the failure of a single circuit such as a lighting circuit.

(iv) reduce the possibility of unwanted tripping of RCDs due to excessive protective conductor currents produced by equipment in normal operation.

(v) mitigate the effects of electromagnetic interferences (EMI).

(v) prevent the indirect energizing of a circuit intended to be isolated.

So sparks have been renamed to - God.

The SF site is SO bloody slow. Just spent a few minutes typing a long script pressed then dreaded button and its still waiting.

Useless forum it has become. And that s before you take into account the quality of some of it's members. Shall not list them here but I am of the opinion that the SF forum is dying.

As I submit this posting here t has still not loaded up my posting over at SF. C R A P comes to mind.

Back here editing this posting.... so its given up server has died. So much for spending time and effort typing crap to post on a crap web site/forum.

Hi Doc.

I mean in this day and age it is truly amazing that a company such as Screwfix with the muscle of Kingfisher behind them cannot even get a decent web site working! I mean if some a Welsh person can do it FFS anyone should be able do it :^O ] :) :^O :eek: