is this for real???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got this e.mail,,,,

Electrician- Testing & Inspection

A rapidly expanding electrical company is looking for a well experienced and well qualified testing electrician to join its growing and successful team. The successful candidate will be working in the Manchester area, testing domestic properties. You will need to be self-motivated, efficient and reliable.
The Ideal Candidate should have the following qualifications:

-C&G 2391 inspection & Testing.
-17th edition qualified.
-Full Clean UK Driving licence.
-Own transport
-Own testing equipment

Desirable experience includes:

-Testing domestic properties
-Customer facing experience
-Experience using EasyCert software

For the right candidate the company is offering:

-£20 per completed certificate
-Initial 4 week contract
-Potential for considerably more work in the new year

If you feel that you are the perfect candidate for this fantastic role, then please call ASAP and ask for Richard.

thats not even a drive by,,,,,,,  :shakehead

I know we are in a race to bottom situation, but it's a typo surely........ right?

Last edited by a moderator:
They've missed a zero off that £20   Stepps . Edit :   OOOpps  didn't read your last post .     Wouldn't entertain the idea  ...my favourite people  Recruitment   & Agencies  ashing in on our skills & knowledge,    they can  courgetting well jog on .

I think they are trying to appeal to the 'new' generation of sparks. 

£20p/hr they've got to be well on the way to the £40k p.a target set by the training establishments??

Another totally pointless business / scam.... £20 for a EICR. I would not buy one, although just had a thought...... I would buy one , get killed by the dodgy wiring that was missed and get my dependents to sue the company.....there is a flaw in my plan but my wife wont tell me what it is..... puzzling :)

Just a thought. Is this £20 per hour PLUS £20 for a certificate?

e.g. you take 5 hours testing a house @ £20 per hour. go home and type the certificate, and get paid £120?

I always ask ..... what is this non - electrical based company charging someone for an EICR  which they cannot produce themselves because they are nothing to do with electrical contracting  and just sit on their fat backsides creaming off a profit  earned on the backs of tradesmen who should be doing the EICR,s  for themselves .

Do they have a string of GasSafe fitters on board too  so they can earn a crust off their backs ? 

in the limitations box would you be able to put something like

no tests were carried out as the client only requested  a certificate and no actual testing

dont think so,

sorry, I missed this bit off at the top,

so it seems you have an hour to do the test,,,,,, 

Hmm, I think it might just be terrible grammar? Maybe it means £20 per hour with a £20 bonus per cert, so 1 cert in 4 hours gets you £100? Dunno, Personally I'd give them a call before condemning them.

Latest posts