Is this TN-S?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
am i the only one that noticed its singles that is not enclosed/ double insulated?

this should be an all in one enclosure.

id personaly consider forwarding the picture to the supply auth.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

also its not an old supply at all, post 2006 by the cable colours. only the phase id tags are old.

to be honest i wouldnt be telling anyone as long as readings were ok. he is filling out a minor works after some work thats it.

Worse case is you tell DNO they may not have carried out the work and disconnect the customer, possible take legal action against customer and then give customer a quote to redo supply. could all be big

mcbfinder,

It's the phase ID tags I was discussing.

This was one of my points with a non standard cable.

Wozz,

Only one issue with this is that the OP may then be "blamed" for the "incorrect" connection.

Last man standing and all that.

As all the others have said, there's something not right with that supply. Even though the cable disappears into the ground i bet you there's a joint hidden where the original supply has been moved. I would not mention it to the suppliers as it could be an illegal connection and you may stir things up.

As it is, its TNS.

Regarding the earlier comment about Morrisons work we subcontract for them and all the equipment is supplied by the supply company of the area concerned, although its mainly commercial stuff we do in South London.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Red, white & Blue were the phase colours untill the mid 60's.

As all the others have said, there's something not right with that supply. Even though the cable disappears into the ground i bet you there's a joint hidden where the original supply has been moved. I would not mention it to the suppliers as it could be an illegal connection and you may stir things up.As it is, its TNS.

Regarding the earlier comment about Morrisons work we subcontract for them and all the equipment is supplied by the supply company of the area concerned, although its mainly commercial stuff we do in South London.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Red, white & Blue were the phase colours untill the mid 60's.
The cut out they used is different to the ones that EDF use different make.