Isn't it nice when one of your children buys you a present AND it has wheels!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What!!!    The nearest we ever got , other than hiring ,    was  when re- housing a print company  to newer premises ,   the guy doing the roof mounted gas heaters  , those big square  industrial things  ,  gave me the key to his lift  to use while he took his two week holiday .  

I'd only quoted for a push about tower  .....  I 'd say having that for two weeks halved  our quoted time .  

Lithograve. Finishing.JPG

constantly hiring them or working from ladders / scaffold... so i bought a small compact 5m lift. then a larger 8m lift. both get used on a regular basis

DSC_8097.JPG

puts my 1932 to shame... at least i can easily transport mine around though

new or used?
Used

10m deck

12m working height

got to have him up and running with the basics for sept

toilets

canteen

office

photo studio

packing lines

conveyor belt

cardboard compactor

pallet wrappers

at least it will stop me getting bored as he aLso wants me to be there as Project Manager.

Used

10m deck

12m working height

got to have him up and running with the basics for sept

toilets

canteen

office

photo studio

packing lines

conveyor belt

cardboard compactor

pallet wrappers

at least it will stop me getting bored as he aLso wants me to be there as Project Manager.

going to be a busy few weeks then. lets just hope no one tries to tell you youre doing it wrong

Doesn't PUWER state that whoever is using such kit must have received adequate training, ditto WAH regs? It's all a bit grey and open to interpretation like everything else of course.

What constitutes adequate training? Let's face it I think it's accepted companies that hire these things can do ad hoc training when they deliver it. 

I once watched a hire company "train" 10+ users on site how to erect an ali tower. I think they charged £130 extra for the training. So <£13 each and no written test and no cert at the end of it. The hire company went and the lads erecting it soon got into trouble. I got asked as I held(hold) my PASMA ticket. I found out there weren't enough components to get to the height they needed plus bits there were damaged. "The hire bloke said get it so high then take bits from the bottom and put them up top!

😯

Many years ago I wanted to take down a disused chimney stack from the gable end wall of my house.

I hired one of those; the biggest they had. The hire company just offloaded it on the road, got me to sign a receipt for it, and left. I don't think that would happen these days.