July 2391

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the doctor

Part P Doctor ™
Reaction score
Hello everyone;\

I sat the 2391 written in July just to satisfy myself, as I passed it many moons ago.....

Most of the questions were 'same old, same old' apart from one which I was not sure of-even as a teacher at college!

It went something along the lines of.....

State three possible consequences of having a protective device fitted that is insufficiently rated for the prospective fault current levels at its point of fit.......

(or some thing along those lines)

After some head scratching I answered....

1 Damage to device itself

2 Fire due to device blowing up

3 Fire and circuit damage due to contacts welding closed on breaker

what do you guys think?

alan

i remember that one glad i all so put damage to cable & consumer unit glad to hear some similer answers

long wait for the results though

moose man

i would have gone for something like:

1. Device may fail to operate

2. effects of current may not be contained within device

3.ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stupid question i thought......an to be honest i have been in this situation before, in real life, and i never saw anything blow up.....

artistic licensing:innocent

Hello everyone;\I sat the 2391 written in July just to satisfy myself, as I passed it many moons ago.....

Most of the questions were 'same old, same old' apart from one which I was not sure of-even as a teacher at college!

It went something along the lines of.....

State three possible consequences of having a protective device fitted that is insufficiently rated for the prospective fault current levels at its point of fit.......

(or some thing along those lines)

After some head scratching I answered....

1 Damage to device itself

2 Fire due to device blowing up

3 Fire and circuit damage due to contacts welding closed on breaker

what do you guys think?

alan
think you may have that one wrong - a fault current within the limits of the device can stop it operating again - i.e a 10KA device will open a 9.8KA fault, but it may not work after doing so.

agree with the other 2, but cant think of any others

I would go for..

Possible Thermal Damage to the device.

Possible Thermal & electomagnetic damage to circuit cables and accessories

Possible interuption to main supply [cut out fuse operating to clear the fault]

.....Under exam conditions though i am not sure what i may have managed to have put down Doc !

a1spark