Just had a right rollocking from .....................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...............Bloody  HP    as in Hewlet Packard  as in my printer scanner !!!!   :C    

Type up an invoice I want to send before end of month  in Word  , click print ...and Whoooah!!!    a load of boxes flashing up  saying  stuff like  " Rogue ink cassette found "    Exterminate !!!  Exterminate !!!    .  Have you been sold this as a genuine HP  ?      I'm thinking no I bought them because they're half your price .  "" Non compliant  ink  , you will be killed ,  we do not guarantee anything any more , no never , your on your own now Pal  ,  

Took 10 mins to get the damn thing to print  .  Jeeeez !!!!  

At least your computer talks to your printer.

When we try and print from W10, it often tells us the network printer is "off line" and nothing we can do can convince it otherwise.  Then at some random time afterwards, without us doing anything, it will decide the printer is on line after all and print it.

The chances of it doing this silly off line thing is proportional to how urgent you would actually like it to print.

I set my printer to print a really hefty tome. Loaded to gunwhales with paper

went to work, came back, nothing!  My printer output tray was as empty as HRH p****** Andrews sincerity

damn thing had decided it didn't like the ink cartridge..."do,you want to continue?" Of course I did that's why I bought the cheaper cartridges!    It just does it at random, but critical, times 

Getting confused now  ......  I have a stock of pre printed , headed A4  ,  I have a Word template  that prints below the  heading ,  then post them off .    

I'd still  have to print invoice  ( using rogue ink) then scan it , save as PDF  then email I suppose .   As said , I need  the Evans Electric stuff as part of the template .   Not sure how to do that .   Could create  new from scratch  .  

Do you have the letterhead saved on word? 
you can always open the template fill in what you need for invoice and use ‘save as’ to save new doc then print to email as pdf. 
this way you have a saved copy. 

Letterheads are pre - printed    (  long standing customer is a print company )   so template is set to start at   8 cm  below . 

I presume I could create my own letterhead  which would print out  each time  .   Perhaps buy better quality copy paper to match my pre printed ones .   

They' re not being used up too quickly these days ,  probably last me forever . 

you can always open the template fill in what you need for invoice and use ‘save as’ to save new doc then print to email as pdf. 
this way you have a saved copy. 
I'll have a go at creating a new one  as you describe . 

Save on postage too.

the word document you use, have one thats already got the letterhead on it then type your text as usual then print to PDF

email me a scan of your letterhead and ill make a word document for you. hopefully its a simple thing you need...

Last edited by a moderator:
On it's way Andy , thank you , top man .    Just altering my email address from the old pre- printed one . 

Yes  I'm looking at that now Murdo , cheers . 

A good step forward but

I've been using Quickbooks for my business for 10 years now and it saves me so much time ......... only 1 package to deal with an it links to templates for estimates, invoices etc ..

Deke, you might have already fouund it already, but a good one to print to PDF is called 'cutepdf'. You just install it, then when you print, you pick cutepdf instead of your printer, then it takes a few seconda and asks where you want to save the PDF