Kewtech PAT adapter/adaptor 1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markiemarque

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used the kewtech adapter to allow use of a MFT for PATS testing?

It costs around

I don't have one of these and to be honest wouldn't be happy using one.

Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) it won't enable you to do a high current earth bond test on Class 1 equipment, in my view the second most important test (after the visual)

I haven't use one but I guess it really depends on what level of testing you are planning to do? Its a very cheap price and possible solution for you, but if you need more, seek a reliable tester.

I purchased an expensive kit from Seaward (4K) and it has been the worst piece of equipment I have ever bought. It has never worked properly since purchase and the support from Seaward has been appalling. I would highly NOT recommend.

There are several testers on the market that you could use including ranges from Megger, Martindale, Fluke, Metrel and of course Kewtech to name a few. They all have different features but look for something that will make your job easier without any problems. After all, your time is money!

I bought one for a small job, and its OK, but to be frank you could just use crock clips and get same results.

As for high curent earth bond, Multi testers generate over 6A(think its around 15A), hence they can trip breakers, which is probably enough to test any earth bond at 500v

i have the meggar pat 32 ,, makes a great door stop..

a pound a test i wont open the van door for that ..

To state the obvious, only go into PAT if you are going to do it big time.

I (and a few mates) have PAT Testers (mines a Meggar DVF) and they hardly ever get used - Its a lot to invest if you aren't going to use it.

Sit down and think how many tests you need to do to cover your time and the cost of the tester/stickers, etc. Don;t get me wrong, it can be profitable, if you aren't willing to be paid much and do hundreds (read 1000's) of items/tests - But it is an easy life ;)

O.