RIP MFT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my Megger 1502/2 when I first retrained as an electrician, roughly 16 years ago. It's finally died, not completely but in a non fixable way, and is it's the continuity test function that has failed, it's not a lot of use anymore :(.

So what the longest anyone's MFT or individual test function meters have lasted?

I'm still using separates. The RCD and loop testers are 15 - 20 years old, the insulation resistance and continuity tester 10 years or so. If it ain't broke.........

Did have a wind up but got lost along the way. This is my IR continuity tester from the 80s, still functions.20231101_104117.jpg

not got an AVO 8 to go with it? :)
Yes I do have an Avo 8. But I have not seen it for ages. It is bugging me what happened to it. It either got left in the old house, or I have found a very save hiding place for it in the new house and forgotten where that is.

Yes I do have an Avo 8. But I have not seen it for ages. It is bugging me what happened to it. It either got left in the old house, or I have found a very save hiding place for it in the new house and forgotten where that is.
I regret not holding onto one of those.

How are you getting on with the new house?

I regret not holding onto one of those.

How are you getting on with the new house?
New house is doing fine. Enjoying the constant warmth, constant fresh air, and low heating bills.

Just need to finish off the ancillaries, just the pantry, some outside decking, a car port, a bridge over the burn and another shed or 2 to go.........

New house is doing fine. Enjoying the constant warmth, constant fresh air, and low heating bills.

Just need to finish off the ancillaries, just the pantry, some outside decking, a car port, a bridge over the burn and another shed or 2 to go.........
can never have enough sheds :D

I retired my Metrel 61557 Eurotest after 19 years of service about 20 months ago and moved to a Metrel 3152. I had the 61557 serviced by Metrel and it does occassionally come out as it does some tests the 3152 doesn't do and it is a good spare for when the 3152 is in for calibration

I have Avo 8 with it case (the straps are broken) ,stopped using it when I could no longer get a battery for it, I also have a AVO MULTIMINOR with its case, bought it second hand when I was an apprentice back in the late 70's still use it some time's as it sit's on my desk

The days when people didn't spend hours fiddling with leads and settings. These things weren't precious they were tools that didn't need wrapping in cotton wool.