Kitchen Stereo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting fed up with the old ghetto blaster clogging up space on the kitchen worktop. The wife likes her cr@ppy old cds and most of my stuff is MP3's. Was thinking then to mount an under dash DIN car stereo mount under the cupboard, like this. Couple it with a 12V psu off the nearest socket, aerial behind the tall corner cupboard and a couple of speakers either under cupboards or in the ceiling. The a cheapo car CD player with USB socket. Neither of us have iPhones etc so a docking station is out of the question. I reckon it'll look ok.

LANDROVER UNDERDASH TRAY DIN CD STEREO RADIO HOUSING PANEL FACIA FITTING TRAY | eBay

coupled with:

Bass Face Non CD MP3 Car Stereo Headunit Radio Player / USB / iPhone / iTouch | eBay

A NON CD one......I'll just tell her I'll rip her Chris De Burgh CD's to MP3 later!

Naff idea or not?

Ive done something similar for a mate, although we actually put it in a void between the 2 doors on a tall larder unit,

a CD player one and an FM transmitter for his MP3 player,

dunno how it would look just screwed under a unit though.

The kitchen Hi Fi installs I like are

the ones with the speakers in the

ceiling. It is a bit of an ache, and

the cable run might need heavier cable

but the sound can be impressive.

Stop fighting it and just buy an iPod! Download all your music files (regardless of the format), get a nice fancy media docking station and put it where your cd collection used to be lol any physical data storage is about as out of date as vinyl these days and a waste of money!

Stop fighting it and just buy an iPod! Download all your music files (regardless of the format), get a nice fancy media docking station and put it where your cd collection used to be lol any physical data storage is about as out of date as vinyl these days and a waste of money!
iPod/Phone/Pad..............not while I've got a hole in me ar5e! :slap

Been playing today with a new iPhone 5 and a Samsung Galaxy S3................the Galaxy ALL the way for me. Stands back and takes cover.......................

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:14 ----------

oh, put your speakers in the kick-boards, out of the way then,
Great idea. It'll obviously work and make running the wires a doddle.............just a bit worried about sound quality if they're that low down.....................

I fitted a car cd/radio in a bathroom for a client many years ago. He supplied it and had it tiled in, it backed onto the airing cupboard where a double insulated power supply was fitted.

We have just fitted these EHT Series Client bought them and they are great, but at a cost. They come with buckets over the back. The bass speaker even has a heavy duty safety chain anchored into a joist in case it falls from the ceiling

I worked at a customers kitchen and had to move a docking thingy to get to a socket. I commented on how heavy it was . Turns out it was a zeppelin air docking thingy. He gave me a demo and it sounded amazing, enough bass more then loud enough. I found it so good I wanted one, until I discovered it costs

I worked at a customers kitchen and had to move a docking thingy to get to a socket. I commented on how heavy it was . Turns out it was a zeppelin air docking thingy. He gave me a demo and it sounded amazing, enough bass more then loud enough. I found it so good I wanted one, until I discovered it costs

I like the idea of car audio in the kitchen but Sonos really is good. Watch the video on their site and then buy one. A forum sponsor used to do them at a good price.

Latest posts