Landlord Electrical Inspections Scotland

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Your turn to be the guinea pigs PD.............................

Once it is in I foresee this ending up encompassing all domestics (pushed by insurance companies) then it will come south & unless you are registered & paying an extra fee to Nicey & others you will no longer be classed as "competent or registered" & able to do domestic EICR's.

The poor take up by those already undertaking this line of work, will no doubt lead to some half arsed 5dw course provided by said Nicey & others to allow any old Tom Dick & Harriet to claim to be competent to start undertaking EICR's.

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/articles/new-scottish-law-landlords-likely-benefit-electrical-contractors?mailing_id=402&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

It will be interesting to see how this works in practice.

I don't believe the actual legistation requires you to be "registered" just "competent"

I foresee the end of Prodave's reign of freedom to work as he wishes........roaming in the gloamings without a care . :innocent

Dave I suggest you build an extra storey to your new home to house all the notifying etc paperwork .     Two coachloads of NICCY assessors have just passed through Spaghetti ...heading north to begin the Great Scottish Competent Person Assessment.  :eek:

The daft thing is this is just a new bit of law relating to inspections for rentals.

So we could have the daft situation that you can wire a new house and sign the EIC legally and building control will accept it, all without being registered with a scam, yet you might have to join a scam just to do landlords EICR's.

I suspect in the real world any bit of paper that says EICR will do, but we will see.