Large house advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at rough itinerary of power to be consumed taking into account diversity factors on cookers etc and roughly what the customer has listed he must have, Inc 2 showers, 2 x super cookers, plus a multitude of power eating monsters that will have to be rated at 100%  some items gonna need 16mm t&e on his list. 

Boom 308 Amps

Tree phase me tinks. 

No chance that house will ever pull that much. Never.

Forget the size of the property for a minute. How many people are actually living there on a permanent basis? That is one of the key considerations in your diversity calculations. Although bigger rooms need more sockets for convenience of access to a local socket, the number of actual simultaneous appliances in use is proportional to the users not the room size.

Doc H.

it IS a ring main and always was....same as green sleeve and meggering, deal with it!)

The megger test I can agree with, but the other two?

green was L3 of a three phase supply in the good old days according to my copy of the 9th edition.

and the 13th and excerpts from the 12th I have copies of describe the ring as a 'ring circuit'