LEGALLY!! What can i do ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannybunes

Reaction score
hello forum, ive just completed city & guilds 2330, and are now sitting exams for 17th regs, 2392 testing & inspection and PAT testing 2377...

I'm a little confused as to what work i can carry out alone legally!!!!

Am i able to carry out work in domestic premises i.e. a friends house without the regs and 2392 ?

Am i able to do everthing bar testing until i gain 2393 ? any info will be appreciated!

Just another quick one,, what would my basic pay rate be with these qualifications.

thanks..........

You can do work on your friends house (or any other house) after you have informed LABC and paid them any fee they require. No ammount of training or qualifications will get around that. The only way around it is to join one of the little clubs and self certify your work. They may well require 2382 to join and also a job or more to assess.

Part of installing is inspection and testing and that can be done with or without 2392 too. Some little clubs require 2392/1 to do PIR's though.

Legally, there's nothing preventing you from doing any work you like, subject to the Part P notification for domestic (which is the owner's responsibility anyway).

You can do work on your friends house (or any other house) after you have informed LABC and paid them any fee they require. No ammount of training or qualifications will get around that. The only way around it is to join one of the little clubs and self certify your work. They may well require 2382 to join and also a job or more to assess. Part of installing is inspection and testing and that can be done with or without 2392 too. Some little clubs require 2392/1 to do PIR's though.
thanks m8 greah help!!!! so would i need to send my qualifications to my local council or the council in what area i work in,, is there a limit to how many jobs i can do like this before joining a body,,

am i write in thinking that i would have to send the test results aswell

If you apply to LABC prior to starting the work they may want to inspect at 1st and 2nd fix to confirm other areas of the building Regs are being followed. Once you have finished just send them the EIC and that should be fine. If you are getting togeter jobs for assessment by a little club then inform LABC of that when you apply for permission as they may well view it differently (they did with mine).

As for work needed to join a club, that is down to them and they seem to all have differing views. I would suggest figuring out which one you want to join (if any) before you decide what work to have assessed and apply to LABC. Some may only need one major job and some minors.