Leson to be learn

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cat,

if you worked on the networks in Romania then why dont you try and contact the DNO's in this country? I know that Eon take on adult apprentices every March to do jointing etc have a look on their website.

Common view point on the forum is that a normal college is better than a private training centre who will gladly rip you off for thousands on a short course!

Hi Cat,if you worked on the networks in Romania then why dont you try and contact the DNO's in this country? I know that Eon take on adult apprentices every March to do jointing etc have a look on their website.

Common view point on the forum is that a normal college is better than a private training centre who will gladly rip you off for thousands on a short course!
I will note that Robin. Many thanks

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:38 ----------

Hi Kat......Your statement...

I

I was in the same boat as you Catalin. I have finished the college , with 2 different electrical qualifications: one for power stations and networks and one for Lv industrial electrical installations , 10 years ago. I have been working in industrial commercial domestic and power lines for 6 year(I had the opportunity to fork for a few companies which was the best in the field and they were employing the latest technology). I came here in 2007 and found out than no one cared about my cv and my experience as long as I didn't have the relevant uk qualification s. So, back to college, so now I have C&G 2330 l3, nvq 3, 2391 , 17th edition and I am registering with napit in January . All these done in a normal college(college of north east London). It wasn't easy but I was fortunate enough to find different companies to work for as electrician mate....My advise is not to loose hope and keep trying to get a job as a trainee or mate, and once u get your qualifications will be different .... Good luck!!!