Letters to builders

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectekAir

Reaction score
Busy drafting intro letters to builders, done this many years ago but have hit a brick wall.

I think last time i only got one or two replys but i cant remember what i said in the letters

Just dont want them to think that i have no work ( no work = no good ) i just want more;)

Any suggestions???

I normally have a van full of flyers/cards.

when i pass domestic building works i drop a card to the homeowner or builder.

face to face sometimes is better

As someone who works for a building company, I have to say that I'd be more likely to get a price from a subcontractor who'd either phoned up to talk to me or (even better) called in for a chat.

When we get letters in from subs looking for work, we do usually keep them on file (though if it looks crap, it's going in File 13!), but the subs never spring to mind as much when you're thinking about who to get prices off as when you've actually spoken to someone.

Whenever we've tried sending letters out to potential clients or architects, etc, we always found we get very little response to it.

Here is a draft you can use, its a standard copy I send to all builders.

Hello Mr Builder,

are you fed up with trading standards and those pesky TV shows that say your a cowboy? Well the times are changing you now have the oppertunity to employ a first rate electrician who can garauntee that when your in court for failure to do the job right, at least your electrical installation will be first class and to all relative standards.

This would act as a mitigating fact in your defence when you are sued for poor workmanship, and featured on Rouge Traders TV show.

Unfortunately this does come at a price, but as this price keeps you out of Jail it is well worth the initial and ongoing costs.

If you wish to take me up on this very good offer then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours in jest

A1 Fister.

Here is a draft you can use, its a standard copy I send to all builders.Hello Mr Builder,

are you fed up with trading standards and those pesky TV shows that say your a cowboy? Well the times are changing you now have the oppertunity to employ a first rate electrician who can garauntee that when your in court for failure to do the job right, at least your electrical installation will be first class and to all relative standards.

This would act as a mitigating fact in your defence when you are sued for poor workmanship, and featured on Rouge Traders TV show.

Unfortunately this does come at a price, but as this price keeps you out of Jail it is well worth the initial and ongoing costs.

If you wish to take me up on this very good offer then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours in jest

A1 Fister.
If i received a letter with spelling like that, its straight for the bin !

Here is a draft you can use, its a standard copy I send to all builders.Hello Mr Builder,

Yours in jest

A1 Fister.
I want a "Laughed my arsee of button to click" clicking on the "Thanks" one didnt really express what i felt. :^O