Lights dimming under load.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how did u get into this when your a vet
I really can't remember. Think I found the site via another forum (SF) that I was sick of as so nasty. This place seemed friendly with good banter. So I stayed.

:D

yer its just plane bad to be nasty on these things, its generaly ok here, but some online things people get nasty, i wonder if they would say such things if u were face to face, i doubt it :D

i used the word things a lot:D

yer its just plane bad to be nasty on these things, its generaly ok here, but some online things people get nasty, i wonder if they would say such things if u were face to face, i doubt it :D i used the word things a lot:D
people use the anonymity of the internet to be idiots.

Not on here tho :D

You can ask how to wire a plug and hopefully get a fair and helpful answer on here.

:D

best way,

if u dont know then u dont know, so u can either ask, reserch or try it out

i will do all 3 but with electric its better to ask first even if u are just confirming what u know;)

best way, if u dont know then u dont know, so u can either ask, reserch or try it out

i will do all 3 but with electric its better to ask first even if u are just confirming what u know;)
Wise words my friend. I should really go to bed. Good night Tom :z

night mate, dont forget in 2 min it will be 1am

look at your pc clock,

clocks go back at 2 they always do

dam forum, trying to trick us, wha other lies does it tell

Thanks for the replies, great forum you have here by the way.

I have a minor technical question.

If the cable supplying the shower is not up to the job and the voltage drop down it too great surely this will not affect the rest of the house it will just affect the shower as the lights should be on a different circuit.

I can see that if the supply cable from the transformer into the house is not up to standard how this would affect the whole installation by causing a lower voltage at the consumer box and thus affecting the whole house.

Could someone please confirm this to me, the fact that if the shower cable is not adequate it would not affect the other circuits in the house.

Thanks.

Posed this exact same question to my 204 assessor. Explained that all cable sizes etc were correct. His only explanation was that because of the age of the house (1930s), the supply cable probably wasn't up to the job, and that the increase in current caused the volt drop.

Inadequate cable size supplying the shower would not affect the rest of the installation.

Latest posts