Line Diagram

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone have a line diagram of a commercial/industrial installation. I need to see a good example of main incomer, main switchgear, DB, Sub DB etc up to but not including final circuits.

Doing a bit more on the project and would like to see an example before I put my own line diagram together.

James

Thanks that looks promising. I need to show the complete installation from incomer to sub DBs on a single line diagram. Tried googling but got all kinds of results. I guess its mainly the symbols I need.

AFAIAA there aren;t really any (or many) symbols used. All the ones I've seen are literally boxes connected with lines. The boxes have things written in them and the lines have the size and type written by them. For DB's and CU's the boxes are often divided into several ways.

AFAIAA there aren;t really any (or many) symbols used. All the ones I've seen are literally boxes connected with lines. The boxes have things written in them and the lines have the size and type written by them. For DB's and CU's the boxes are often divided into several ways.
I have found a load of symbols in GN1 that should suffice. Just things like Fuses, Isolators, MCBs, Metering etc. I spent most of the evening tring to find an 8 way 300A DB but could only find a 250A one so juggled the circuits around to get the MD down to less than 250A (it was only 256A) so moved a 10A circuit to a different phase.

So I now have all the distribution equipt sorted - Merlin Gerin so just a matter of setting out the components and making sure of things like discrimination and adequate breaking capacity. Then I will be ready to do the line diagram.

Hopefully be ready to send the completed project off by the weekend.

Be interested in seeing that when you've done as it sounds much better than anything I have ever seen!

Be interested in seeing that when you've done as it sounds much better than anything I have ever seen!
Most of it is on the PC, I can't post the drawings etc but would be happy to put the main document somewhere. It is a Word Doc. The whole package includes the drawings/copies with circuits marked and routes etc, manufacturers data for things like PVs inverters, and distribution equipment. I also had to get data sheets for every type of fitting to avoid having to multiply lamp watts by 1.8. All in all the whole thing will fill a ring binder.

revjames,

Is it the 2391-20 (old 2400) project?

If so I'll look up what diagrams I did in my project (passed) a few yeras ago if you want.

2 storey shop stores upstairs.

I have it in MS Word & pdf, as a complete project in one document 322 pages including supplementary information!

I'd rather not post the whole thing as that would be wrong!

Paul

That would be fantastic Paul. I'll PM my email address. Just the info on the block diagram will be fine. Its a different assignment now with a large community centre. I am nearly done and will be glad when I have submitted it. Been on the go since last October!

Hello Paul is there any chance you could forward the diagram to me would be most appreciated!!!!