london routemaser bus broken down

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
er.. someone may want to remind the driver that when the fuel gauge gets low, you have to put fuel in it....

although this part sounds a little scary

"However when the bus undertakes long, non-stopping motorway journeys, such as its journey to Bedfordshire this morning, it can lose charge and the driver is briefed to pull to the side of the road to allow the battery to recharge.
surely thats a serious design flaw...

and perpetual energy, but only on short journeys?

Transport for London (TfL) said the bus recharged its battery using energy from its brakes, but on long journeys had to run on diesel.
or do you need to push the thing then brake to re-charge?!

bbc link

a diesel electric bus left for jounery with a only a small amount of diesel in it,

w/o the use of the diesel engine it can not run an alternator to recharge the battery,

when the diesel tank is empty & the battery is empty also the bus no no longer moves,

I guess it must be a slow news day at the BBC ?

WTF are those ugly things?

They look like a cross between a gone wrong Tram and American "Greyhound bus".

At a cost of

Last edited by a moderator:
built at 'WRIGHTS' in Ballymena :slap

I know one of the line managers there, and quite a few of the floor guys, just down the road from my mums,

typical though,

there was sod all wrong with the Titanic either until an Englishman got behind the wheel, :slap