M2 vs Crabtree fittings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The missives state that specifications can be changed to products of an equivalent standard. We suspect that these M2 fittings are a lower cheaper standard than Crabtree, for a start it's pretty concerning that every electrician that I've spoken to (and I know a fair few) have never heard of M2

The developers have cut corners on a number of other products (Exterior Doors, Interior Doors, Sanitaryware etc) all of which have been replaced with cheaper, inferior makes, so it is a natural reaction to assume that they have done something similar with the electrical fittings
I have used M2 sockets provided by others they seen to be of a decent standard and have the appropriate bs rating 

Click onto the picture showing the back of the M2 range: http://www.m2electrical.co.uk/index.php/wiring-accessories/13a-2-gang-double-switched-socket-dark-brown.html

A rose by any other name... and all that

Can come up with a few inventive things that RPP should stand for :innocent

thats deffo RPP

I remember using them on a job nearly 30 years ago

they were carp then, so I dont suppose they are any better now

I would say its not to a standard any layman would expect, may be some recourse on that route

Latest posts