Main Protective Bonding required?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a minimum length of plastic pipework & fittings that makes the "downstream" side no longer an extraneous conductive part.

It's down to the science and the expected continuity of the water etc, bridging the metallic to metallic pipework, can I remember what it is or where it is, can I courgette!

It is "out there" though!

There is a minimum length of plastic pipework & fittings that makes the "downstream" side no longer an extraneous conductive part.

It's down to the science and the expected continuity of the water etc, bridging the metallic to metallic pipework, can I remember what it is or where it is, can I courgette!

It is "out there" though!

Something we made use of with induction furnaces, the 660V coils and cables were water cooled so a section of rubber tubing was used as a break in the earth path.

Water = plumbers = me scratching my head why the damn thing is tripping on earth fault. For separation 2 x 0.6m of rubber tubing was specified, not the 2 x 0.15m they used.

It lead to all sorts of problems, electrolysis blocking the water paths with deposits resulting in low water flow and raised coil temperature, both are shut down conditions.

I get it, how do you know if the ladder is level? They drool out of both sides of their mouths

I feel sorry for the Ambulance chasing Lawyers and the Estate Agents...fighting amongst each other  to see who is on the lowest rung!....both of them covered in the drool,from above

Management_zps2b57a4be.jpg.b69f53319fca6b89dc3645109b3057a4.jpg