Masonry drill bits

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash123

Reaction score
Apologies for this not being leccy talk, but could someone point me in the right direction. for last couple of years I have been using Bosch masonry drills, and have been disappointed. I am using a pretty old non impact type drill machine, and I am wondering if the drill bits i am using are only for impact machines, question is, do i need a new drill or do I need a different sort of masonry drill bit

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you need both a better drill with hammer action and better bits 

I only use SDS bits for masonry with practice they will fit normal chuck drill as well  

If you are using an old style hammer or percussion drill, then it will be a complete new world to you to get an SDS drill and SDS drill bits.  It really is another (much better) world.  and an SDS drill need not be expensive.

Well thankyou for that but apart from SDS, is there a difference between a standard masonry drill bit and an impact one, also which brand of masonry drill is best

Thanks everyone, appreciated , just a quick one, does "multi" mean it can drill wood metal etc as well as masonry.

Last edited by a moderator: