MCS is no longer required by Octopus.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree, but shutting down tax loopholes could avoid putting the burden on ordinary people.
Stop the boats is a number 1 money saver, costing millions to support these invaders of our country, were an island surely we can protect our borders? Instead of paying millions to France to stop the boats which don't do, invest in the royal navy / coastguard, take them back to their point of departure and disable their boats. The migrants we have remaining here, mover them to very basic accommodation, no bells and whistles and then return them too. Ignore the do good brigade.
NHS free training for medical staff, but an agreement they will work exclusively for the NHS for a set period of time.
All utilities back into public ownership - electricity, gas, water, comms etc. Use British designed and manufactured MNR eg Rolls Royce to get our energy security. North Sea oil and gas only to be on the open market when the UK requirements are fulfilled, if necessary move these installations into public ownership too.
National Lottery to fund the NHS, everyone benefits not just galleries etc.
Government company to start battery manufacture in UK.
Help farmers so we can become self sufficient in food production which will reduce our carbon footprint further.
Investment into solar of all empty roofs.
Leave ECHR, uphold our values and beliefs.
Just Stop Oil, if they glue themselves to tarmac or climb bridges, fine, leave there. If they come to grief because of their actions so be it, it was their choice.

{/RANT MODE OFF]

Make Britain Great Britain again.

That is my wish list for any future government

Stop the boats is a number 1 money saver, costing millions to support these invaders of our country, were an island surely we can protect our borders? Instead of paying millions to France to stop the boats which don't do, invest in the royal navy / coastguard, take them back to their point of departure and disable their boats. The migrants we have remaining here, mover them to very basic accommodation, no bells and whistles and then return them too. Ignore the do good brigade.
The French do stop a lot of boats, really we need to stop the boat supply, starting in Africa. Don't be fooled by hotel accomodation, they aren't getting 5* treatment in these places. Exporting to Ruwanda costs £160k per head - cheaper to build housing?
NHS free training for medical staff, but an agreement they will work exclusively for the NHS for a set period of time.
Agreed
All utilities back into public ownership - electricity, gas, water, comms etc. Use British designed and manufactured MNR eg Rolls Royce to get our energy security
Agreed, but also give green energy the same tax breaks as oil and gas, and decouple the price from gas generation.
. North Sea oil and gas only to be on the open market when the UK requirements are fulfilled, if necessary move these installations into public ownership too.
North sea can provide about 8% of what we need. Plus I believe the oil is high grade and not used for car fuel. It gets used for other oil products.
National Lottery to fund the NHS, everyone benefits not just galleries etc.
Stop the £1 million a week syphoning off money to private share owners.
Government company to start battery manufacture in UK.
Agree
Help farmers so we can become self sufficient in food production which will reduce our carbon footprint further.
We couldn't feed 30 million in WW2, plus virtually destroyed the soil in the process. Pipe dream in reality, unless we use energy intensive hydroponics, and I'm not sure how viable that is.
Investment into solar of all empty roofs.
Especially industrial roofs.
Leave ECHR, uphold our values and beliefs.
ECHR was started by us. I do think it's a little out of date these days?
Just Stop Oil, if they glue themselves to tarmac or climb bridges, fine, leave there. If they come to grief because of their actions so be it, it was their choice.
Silly sods, they could protest without so much aggro.
{/RANT MODE OFF]

Make Britain Great Britain again.
Revive manufacturing, what made us great in the first place.
That is my wish list for any future government
Short version 😃

The French do stop a lot of boats, really we need to stop the boat supply, starting in Africa. Don't be fooled by hotel accomodation, they aren't getting 5* treatment in these places.
I have seen first hand some of the luxury these people are enjoying, it very definately is 5* or above in some cases.

Exporting to Ruwanda costs £160k per head - cheaper to build housing?
Wrong stance, we shouldnt be paying anything because they shouldnt be here in the first place. Cheaper to build housing maybe but then we have the people to look after.

North sea can provide about 8% of what we need. Plus I believe the oil is high grade and not used for car fuel. It gets used for other oil products.
Well a bit of horse trading would sort that if it's true, I dont believe it is.

Stop the £1 million a week syphoning off money to private share owners.
Yep

We couldn't feed 30 million in WW2, plus virtually destroyed the soil in the process. Pipe dream in reality, unless we use energy intensive hydroponics, and I'm not sure how viable that is.
I believe we have plenty of land that can be farmed, theres loads on set-aside which is ridiculous. Farmers couldnt move livestock not so long ago, there was too much on the market.

Especially industrial roofs.
Very much so, public buildings especially, there are several schools near me with acres of roof space and no solar, ridiculous.

ECHR was started by us. I do think it's a little out of date these days?
It needs to be divorced from the UK no matter who started it.

Silly sods, they could protest without so much aggro.
When they closed the motorway by climbing a bridge, 3 days the negotiator were trying to get them to come down without success. Locals invested in some fireworks, very soon there were rockets just missing the protesters and exploding nearby, they came down almost immediately. Cheap, efficient, sorted no messing about, no bleeding heart do gooders to say you shouldnt be doing that.

Revive manufacturing, what made us great in the first place.
Yep absolutely.

If any party headed of in the direction of what's listed above, IMHO they'd have a guaranteed win at the next election, it's not rocket science, simple common sense.

Problem with the growing population is that I can't remember Labour saying much except they would stop it - but with absolutely no details - so that's obviously not going to happen

Seems a lot of new comers believe they should be put up in 4 * accommodation - which is to be quite frank ridiculous given we can't do that for people who have lived here for all or most of their lives .

What a mess which nobody wants to deal with

I have seen first hand some of the luxury these people are enjoying, it very definately is 5* or above in some cases.
They serve them caviar and champagne every day? We have lots of old 3 & 4 star hotels down my way, now used as hostels and migrant accomodation. These hotels went down this route as it's regular money for a much lower standard of provision. Google it, there's lots of articles on the subject.
Wrong stance, we shouldnt be paying anything because they shouldnt be here in the first place. Cheaper to build housing maybe but then we have the people to look after.
Aye, but they are.
Well a bit of horse trading would sort that if it's true, I dont believe it is.
Google it. We are not self sufficient, or anywhere near i
I believe we have plenty of land that can be farmed, theres loads on set-aside which is ridiculous. Farmers couldnt move livestock not so long ago, there was too much on the market.
During WW2 we farmed every inch if space, including public parks - look up Dig for Britain. I did see an article that said if we used all the land kept as horse paddocks, we would be far closer to self sufficient. There would be a lot of upset horse owners though 😃. What land is used for set aside is mostly low grade poor farming land. Why would farmers set aside decent productive land? A bigger issue is carbon offset and corporate companies buying good land to plant trees on.
It needs to be divorced from the UK no matter who started it.
Why? Your basic public freedoms come from the principles used to form the ECHR. Don't be fooled by right wing press and politicians blaming the court for saying no to their shit policies.

They serve them caviar and champagne every day?
Probably not but they do have large TV's, pklaystation / x-box and air conditioning. 3 good meals per day in a very nicely appointed hotel. Other people that haver lived and worked here all of their lives are struggling in sub standard accomodation, that simply cannot be right.

We have lots of old 3 & 4 star hotels down my way, now used as hostels and migrant accomodation. These hotels went down this route as it's regular money for a much lower standard of provision. Google it, there's lots of articles on the subject.
No matter what level of accommodation, what the hostels and hotels are about it still isn't acceptable, we should not have to support these criminals.

Google it. We are not self sufficient, or anywhere near it
In 1980 we managed 82% of our needs, we are self sufficient in grain and we need to get our act together to get back to where we need to be.

During WW2 we farmed every inch if space, including public parks - look up Dig for Britain. I did see an article that said if we used all the land kept as horse paddocks, we would be far closer to self sufficient. There would be a lot of upset horse owners though 😃.
As I said, we do have enough land :)

What land is used for set aside is mostly low grade poor farming land. Why would farmers set aside decent productive land?
Local farmers here rent land from the church, usually for a peppercorn rent and use that for their set aside quota. Set aside scheme is no longer, I'm sure there will be a similar scheme under a different title.

A bigger issue is carbon offset and corporate companies buying good land to plant trees on.
You maybe right, but if they got a move on with Rolls Royce and got their Nuclear Reactors up and running, carbon footprint would be vastly improved and the land could then be used for farming.

Why? Your basic public freedoms come from the principles used to form the ECHR. Don't be fooled by right wing press and politicians blaming the court for saying no to their shit policies.
When the ECHR is interfering with things like votes for prisoners, removing migrants from our country, stops doctors turning off life support to patients with no hope then it's not fit for purpose. It should be getting action together against Putin, the Taliban etc where real human rights are being abused.