Meter Guys Again !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing a new build bungalow,  open the meter cupboard after the meter fairy has been .

He's ignored my 80A sw/fuse , other than opening it and losing the protectors off the incoming terms.

He's crammed  his 100A DP switch in & connected to it & left me some meter tail to connect to my switch . So two main switches .

Looks a right mess in there now .

He's fitted an earth terminal for some reason ...I take the tail out so I can break out for the next terminal & find , as the photo below ,  he doesn't bother actually stripping the insulation , just shove it in .

Image004.jpg

Builder was telling me that at the same job DNO came , dug up pavement , connected the supply, back filled and left it with barriers round . Very efficient.

Gas came , dug up same hole , laid gas pipe to property but didn't connect , back filled hole , added Gas Barriers, left site.

Water came , dug up same hole , laid water pipe to property but didn't connect, back filled hole , added Water Barriers, left site.

Today  civils arrived , filled in hole , laid Tarmac, nice & smooth. 

Tomorrow or Monday the Gas & Water are returning ....they will no doubt dig up the same hole including new Tarmac and probably go away again . :C

There was a silent comedy about a building site years ago where the utilities each came and dug up the same hole then re filled it on consecutive days.  Now you are telling me it REALLY happens.

Builder was telling me that at the same job DNO came , dug up pavement , connected the supply, back filled and left it with barriers round . Very efficient.

Gas came , dug up same hole , laid gas pipe to property but didn't connect , back filled hole , added Gas Barriers, left site.

Water came , dug up same hole , laid water pipe to property but didn't connect, back filled hole , added Water Barriers, left site.

Today civils arrived , filled in hole , laid Tarmac, nice & smooth.

Tomorrow or Monday the Gas & Water are returning ....they will no doubt dig up the same hole including new Tarmac and probably go away again . :C
It's probably because of the timescales the council have set on the opening notice. Plus whoever excavates it is normally responsible for the reinstatement and I think it has to be guaranteed for a certain amount of years. If it fails before that the council charges for any repairs.

It's probably because of the timescales the council have set on the opening notice. Plus whoever excavates it is normally responsible for the reinstatement and I think it has to be guaranteed for a certain amount of years. If it fails before that the council charges for any repairs.
18 months around here

All,reinstatement sub to Balfour Beattie

Council find fault after about 16 months

It is non stop,here....total,joke

Today  civils arrived , filled in hole , laid Tarmac, nice & smooth. 

that actually sems pretty well organised. at least from the civals part of only finishing the surface once everything i complete

Latest posts