Growatt production

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylem87

Reaction score
7BF150E2-1F12-4526-B47E-C25DF347F69F.pngmorning gurus,
I’ve got a growatt solar and batt storage job I’m having problems with;
So the load consumption and solar production seems to show it mirrors nearly exact everyday? That’s problem 1.
Problem 2, the battery doesn’t seem to discharge when needed, every now and again it will discharge 10-15% but that’s it.

Any ideas?

If you have a read if similar posts on here, you are seeing 3 things.
1/ inability of the system to respond fast enough to load demand.
2/small software glitches and other self protection programming against overheating
3/ the system goes through a 'maintenance cycle' which pulls some energy from the grid

All very annoying, but your system is working fine.

What strikes me from the graph is that you appear to be generating from PV very early in the morning to quite late into the evening but at the same time load consumption follows the increase / decrease in PV input. Bit suspicious that.
Can't believe you're adjusting your consumption to match the PV output that well.
There's also suspiciously next to no load consumption when the PV has gone to sleep. (unless you run around and turn everything off when the sun goes in😵‍💫)
Do you have a feel for what your "normal" daily consumption is / was before the installation?

What size is your installation?
inverter / battery / PV array(s).
What's the PV array orientation? East / West /South _ Split?
Is that battery discharge from 100% or is it just hovering around the 10-15% level?
What is the system priority set to? Grid First, Battery First or Load First.

How is the system measuring import / export?
Is it metered or CT clamp?
If CT clamp where is this positioned?

Latest posts