Meter Readings and What they Mean. (Calling All Experienced Sparks)...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Specs,

I knew I could rely on you. You can be my Little Soldier Now. :^O

I haven't got a spare few days to read the post. :^O

Thanks Again Specs.

Top Man.

Getting back to the subject in hand - nice smilies apache - it is not unusual to fing odd readings suggesting that something is still connected buried deep in the fabric of the building to which there is another answer. Namely, IR line and neutral together to earth, if acceptable, connect to RCD and see if it trips, thereby indicating real problem with cables as opposed to hidden crap. Not ideal but better than tearing your hair out Pray :)

Getting back to the subject in hand - nice smilies apache - it is not unusual to fing odd readings suggesting that something is still connected buried deep in the fabric of the building to which there is another answer. Namely, IR line and neutral together to earth, if acceptable, connect to RCD and see if it trips, thereby indicating real problem with cables as opposed to hidden crap. Not ideal but better than tearing your hair out Pray :)
Indeed bink's!

Just as point of interest...

From info in earlier Post you could get a 1Mohm reading with a Phone PSU or PIR light controller...

BUT also

even just going across a damp brick or concrete you can ealiy get .5Mohme

So if cable has been nailed to the wall piercing one of the conductors..

readings could be out a bit|!.

Latest posts